[RECRUITING! - Old School Mash-Up] The City of the Sleeping Demon OOC

doghead

thotd
I'm not sure I understand this. How about an example? A frag grenade does 5d6 points of damage. Would this end up doing 5 points of damage?

Yes. The conversion works reasonably well at low levels using S&W HP's. 5d6 Damage is about half the HP's of an ordinary MF human (CON 10, so 10d6 HD). 5 Damage is a little more than half for a level 1 S&W character. So thats about the same.

The problem is, S&W character HP's increase. So a level 6 S&W character (6d6 HD, ave 21 HP's) would laugh off a couple of 5 Damage frag grenades.

Which is why I don't like increasing HP's.

I don't think that there is an easy solution as the two games are built around differing premises. The best compromise is a conversion that works at the lower levels of S&W hps, as this is where the characters will be for a while.

thotd

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Sorry for the hold up. My wife has been down with a staph infection this week. I'll get back into the swing of things this weekend. In the meantime, should we go ahead and use MF-style hit points?

doghead

thotd
Sorry for the hold up. My wife has been down with a staph infection this week. I'll get back into the swing of things this weekend. In the meantime, should we go ahead and use MF-style hit points?

I hope that your wife is feeling better.

Using MF is probably the simplest. Going this route will mean only converting S&W spell HP (damage/healing/etc) values.As non of the characters have any S&W spells at the moment, easy.

thotd

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
She is doing much better now, which is a huge relief. I'm not cut-out to be a mother. :)

With MF hit points, we could still keep the S&W class hit dice instead of everyone using the same hit die. The best of both worlds?

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Sorry again for the delay. Update tonight when I get home from work. To tide y'all over and do penance for my tardiness, I'll toss in some bonus patience XP. :)

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
[MENTION=34958]Deuce Traveler[/MENTION]:

OOC: I rolled up a primitive firearm on my character sheet but I don't ever think we determined what it was. If it is appropriate to use here, I will.

Go ahead and roll 1d100 on the Primitive Firearms table to determine what weapon you have. :)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Canon?!

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4036800/

Crap... how do you want to handle this? Want me to reroll?

Cannon: Cannons are very rare weapons, and are almost
all gone - the vehicles mounting them were all but lost
long ago. Tanks and other armored vehicles generally
used cannons as their main armament, while lighter
cannons were used in a man-portable role as heavy
weapons (such as so-called “recoilless rifles”). A cannon
can only be fired once per round, and must be reloaded
after each shot, requiring one round to reload. This
weapon does 10d10 damage.

Remove ads