• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RECRUITING: Perils of Thunder Island

Vrukor

First Post
Hey all, glad to be a part of the group and I'm looking forward to killing some baddies.

Official 13 Kingdoms Character Sheet
Name: Vrukor
Player: Ian
E-Mail: neldogg20@yahoo.com

Race: Half-Orc
Class: Fighter
Kingdom of Origin: Ceomyr
Level: 5
ECL: +0 mod/total 1
XPs: 10000/15000 next level

Current DM: Dragonwriter
Patron God: Brand (God of War)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
===================================
Str: 18 (+4)
Dex: 14 (+2)
Con: 17 (+3)
Int: 10 (+0)
Wis: 10 (+0)
Cha: 7 (-2)
HP: 58
AC: 17 (+1 Dex, +0 Size, +6 Armor, +0 Shield)
Init: +6 (+2 Dex, +4 Misc)
Speed: 20 feet
BAB: +5
Mel: +9
Rng: +7
Fort: +7
Refl: +3
Will: +1
Special Abilities
Race: Orc Blood

Class:

Other:

Feats: Alertness (+2 Listen & Spot)
Cleave (Drop foe = Attack to another creature)
Improved Initiative (+4 Bonus to Initiative checks)
Power Attack (Subtract up to 5 from attack rolls,+ to damage)
Weapon Focus (Great Axe, +1 to attack rolls)
Armor Prof. (Heavy)
Armor Prof. (Medium)
Armor Prof. (Light)
Martial Weapon Prof.
Shield Prof.
Simple Weapon Prof.
Tower Shield Prof.
Languages: Common, Orc, Vweogyn

Skills

Appraise +0 (=0+0+0)
Balance -5 (=+0+0-5)
Bluff -1 (=-1+0+0)
Climb +5 (=4+6-5)
Concentration +3 (=3+0+0)
Craft +0 (=0+0+0)
Diplomacy -2 (=-2+0+0)
Disguise -2 (=-2+0+0)
Escape Artist -4 (=1+0-5)
Forgery +0 (=0+0+0)
Gather Information -2 (=-2+0+0)
Heal +0 (=0+0+0)
Hide -4 (=1+0-5)
Intimidate +4 (=-2+6+0)
Jump -2 (=4+4-10)
Listen +2 (=0+0+2)
Move Silently -4 (=1+0-5)
Perform (list type) +0 (=0+0+0)
Profession (Untrained) +0 (=0+0+0)
Ride +1 (=1+0+0)
Search +0 (=0+0+0)
Sense Motive +0 (=0+0+0)
Spot +2 (=0+0+2)
Survival +0 (=0+0+0)
Swim -7 (=4+0-10)
Use Rope +1 (=1+0+0)
Craft (list type) +0 (=0+0+0)
Decipher Script +0 (=0+0+0)
Disable Device +0 (=0+0+0)
Handle Animal +0 (=0+0+0)
Knowledge (list type) +0 (=0+0+0)
Open Lock +0 (=0+0+0)
Profession (list type) +0 (=0+0+0)
Sleight of Hand +0 (=0+0+0)
Speak Language (Common, Orc, Vweogyn)
Spellcraft +0 (=0+0+0)
Tumble +0 (=0+0+0)
Use Magic Device +0 (=0+0+0)
Magic Items (location, weight):
Bag of Holding 1 (Backpack, 15lbs.)
Other Equipment:

Weapons: Masterwork Greataxe +1 (Both hands, 12lbs.)
-Attack Bonus: +11
-Damage: 1d12+6
-Critical: (20) x3

Armor, Clothes:
Explorers Outfit (equipped)
Masterwork Branded Mail (equipped)

-----------------------------------
Container: Backpack
Contents: Bag of Holding 1

Container: Bag of Holding 1
Contents: Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (x10)
Trail Rations (Per day/x16)
Sunrod (x10)
Waterskin (Filled/x1)
Money
PP: 0
GP: 738
SP: 0
CP: 0
Gems/Other: 0
Load
Light: 0-100 lbs.
Medium: 100-200 lbs.
Heavy: 200-300 lbs.
Current: 100 lbs.

Description
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 275

Physical Description: Heavely muscled, slight bulge in the stomach area from one two many mutton shanks, despite his orc heritage he is cleanly kept and well groomed. His hair is shoulder length, black and pulled back in a ponytail. His skin is almost a human hue with a slight orc-green tinge. Two small tusks that jut ever so slightly, and a slightly jutting brow, betrays his human facial features.

Back story: Vrukor lives the life of a swordhand for hire. Making a name for himself in order to improve his employment is all that concerns Vrukor. Riches and magical items are always a welcome bonus but the real meat of what Vrukar desires is honor and glory and his name to be known. He roams the wild looking for the big payday that will carve his name into the history books.

Last edited:

Vrukor

First Post
Glad to be here, hey just so the party is clear, I'm rather new to the D&D game. I played a little in high school and even less in college so go ahead and treat me like a n00b. I played one session online so far, and did well in the rp'ing element however I have not had an encounter yet, so my first battle will be an interesting one ;) Any tips and pointers are definately welcome.

stevekro1

First Post
I'm fairly new to the game myself, only been playing for a few months. I find it cool I have a high AC as a druid, though. Usually I thought they were rather squishy. I need to invest in that magic harness which lets my armor resize to fit me in wild shape form.. :]

Last edited:

SanguineLobster

First Post
Hello Vrukor (and everyone else), good to have another person in the "hitting things with large bladed weapons" club. Experience wise, while not new per say, I haven't played in about 3 years or so, and I'm a bit rusty as well.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Quick Note to SanguineLobster - Since Oain is from Argossea, he speaks the local language of Argosh.

Vrukor - Gruumsh does not exist in this setting, so you'll need a new god. I can't quite tell how many points you spent (and it looks like at least 33 to me, just over the 32 limit), so please show me where you spent them. Your HP should be 58, by my calculation. Your ranged attack bonus should be +7, rather than +6 (Max Dex only applies to AC, not saves or attacks). Reflex save should get +1 from your 14 Dex. You should only have 16 skill points and it looks to me like you've spent 36 (since cross-class skills cost double points). If you pull points out of most of those cross-class skills (particularly the ones that are useless to you, like Concentration) then you'll be fine. I see you purchased Bracers of Armor +1, yet you wear banded mail. You are aware that these bonuses do not work together, right? In your equipment, do you mean you have 10 potions of Cure Moderate Wounds at caster level 3 or one potion at caster level 10? And do I take it right that you have a Bag of Holding Type 1?

Clear these things up, then I can take another look and help you finish stuff up.

As I've said before (though I'm not sure if you saw it), I don't mind helping new players learn the game. We've all been there (and we're all still there to an extent, since I am of the mindset that you should always be trying to learn) and we've all needed help at some point, so I don't mind giving a hand when needed. As I said earlier, I will be on OpenRPG this Saturday at 7 PM PST to give anyone that needs it a little tutorial on OpenRPG and help making a character, along with a demonstration of how things work during the game.

I'm not sure what magic harness you're talking about, Stevekro1... Remember, if it isn't in the Dungeon Master's Guide or Player's Handbook, you have to give me a copy of what it does and get an okay from me. If you eventually just get Wild Armor (it costs a minimum of 16,000 gp+the armor itself) that works. The Wild special ability can be added onto your current armor, but it will cost about 15,000 gp for the upgrade. Naturally, you'll have to save up for a while ;).

Arkhandus

First Post
Steve Kro: It's not that you don't qualify at 5th-level, but that you don't get a feat at 5th-level, so you'd have to wait until 6th (which is when you gain your next feat). Your 1st-level feat and your 3rd-level feat can't be spent on something that you wouldn't qualify for until 5th-level.

Dragonwriter, I'd like to join in if there's still room. Dunno how many players you're expecting. I'll throw together a character or update one of my earlier, as-yet-unused T13K character concepts soon. And I finally finished the other stuff I had to work on this week, so I'll e-mail you the info I have on Port Vremmek.

PC-wise, I'm thinking either gnome bard for some silliness, or human wizard but that's less likely. If not those, I'll submit an updated version of my concept for Rhogar Razor Paw, Argossean human barbarian, or Ericks, half-orc monk of the grappler persuasion.

Edit: Ack, didn't see the 2nd page. So I may be too late. No worries, though, if there's enough players already I'll just be around as a backup if some drop out or don't show up. Always better to have new players in T13K.

Last edited:

stevekro1

First Post
Thanks for clearing it up Ark. We'd love to have ya if there's room. :yawn:

That wild armor will take awhile to get. I better start looting, lol.

Dragonwriter

First Post
I'd be glad to have you Ark. I don't know of anyone else asking me to save them a spot... The folks that posted on WotC haven't come through yet, so I've got no idea what's going on with them.

As you can see, we've got plenty of beaters :), but I wouldn't mind another, no matter the class.

If you join up, we'll have a full crew, all ready to go! I figure we'll go ahead and have our first official session on Saturday, January 31st, giving Typewriter time to get back and finish updating his character. And, if you'd like to drop in this Saturday and help out with the tutorial, that would be great.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads