• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruiting Players (Greyhawk D&D)-closed-

Jade Solstar

First Post
hello all
well i have been a gm for my group for over 8 years now and am looking to expand onto the boards with a PbP game
it will be set in the city of greyhawk with characters starting at 1st level and potentially going to 10th or higher if all goes well
I am looking for 4-6 players to form an adventuring group to travel and adventure in greyhawk...
i am open for most character concepts and ideas but lean more towards good charcaters than not as thats what being a hero is about! so with that said anyone interested please post or email me a character concept/idea so i can get everything together and let others intersted in playing who is playing what.
ok i hope i haev covered everything if anyone has any ?'s please post them and i will answer asap ... i have plenty of free time!

dave

Last edited:

Majin

First Post
Count me in. I'd like to play a Human Fighter. Chaotic Neutral if you'll let me but if you certainly want everyone to be good then Chaotic Good will be fine as well I suppose. Other background info I will post with my character once I recieve an ok for the concept. :)

Jade Solstar

First Post
Majin

Sounds fine and if you wouldnt mind chaotic good would fit better but you should play what will be fun for you. I will post more info on character creation in another post. Further charcater info. would be appreciated and any relevant background info. you might have.
dave

Jade Solstar

First Post
Character Creation Rules

Character Creation Information

Point-Buy of 35 points total

1 bonus Background Feat (subject to approval)
4 bonus Background Skill Points (as above)

Maximum Starting Gold

I will also be having each character start with a family hierloom or similiar item which will be a magical item related to the game but also useful for the character. I am open to ideas.

If their is anything else you need just ask!

dave

Majin

First Post
Bit of background for your approval with suggestion for the magical item.

My character is a prince from some kingdom. (This can be be left up to you depending on where the campaign will take place, etc.) His family tried for years to groom him as the heir to the kingdom but he never fit in, so chose to strike out on his own. (With no monetary help from his family as they do not support his decision to leave). The only thing that was given to him was a special family cloak. Black silk with a blood red liner clasped together by a family brooch.

How does this sound? As he is technically an outcast from his family the character cannot use his families wealth or name to get him out of trouble, as all that was given to him was the cloak. I'm not sure what your looking for in the ways of how magical this item will be so I'll leave it up to you to think up stats for it, or we can toss back and forth some ideas.

For my bonus feat I'd choose Weapon Focus (Longsword) as swordfighting was taught to my character from a young age as part of his grooming. For the skills bonus I'd pick Intimidate, as just a little of his heritage has rubbed off on him, making him a tad bit "holier than thou" towards most people, and would try to use his family name as a way to influence people that would know of his family. (Regardless of whether or not he would get away with this as stated above, but I believe nontheless the way he would carry himself would affect some people as being quite different than the norm.

Edit: BTW is this 3.0 or 3.5? And excuse my forgetfulness but how exactly does point buy work? It starts all stats at 10 automatically right, or is it 8? Or something entirely different? I don't recall as I don't use this method to make characters.

Last edited:

Jade Solstar

First Post
Majin Background

that all sounds good...but i will ask that you put at least 2 points in knowledge(nobility/royalty) or possibly into diplomacy...
also the magical cloak is good!
as far as game purposes it functions as listed:
Cloak of Royal Travels ?
endure elements(cold & fire)
keeps wearer and possessions covered dry from rain/moisture

any other ideas let me know

dave

Majin

First Post
Diplomacy sounds useful and like it would fit the character. I plan to give him above average charisma. Which leaves me still on the point-buy issue. Heh, It was an edit so I assume you just missed it but how does the point-buy system work? I can't seem to find it in the PHB, and have never used it before outside CRPG's and that has even been awhile, so I'm kind of rusty on how that works. As soon as I get a rundown on how it works I'll write up my character and post him. :)

shaff

First Post
im thinking proly chaotic..... i guess good. A kind of steal from the rich, and occasionally give to the poor, lol. Actually im excited about it, ill go make him now, i will have him posted 2morrow.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads