• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruiting: Rowaini Musketeers--One for All and All for One!

Rystil Arden

First Post
Hi everyone. This is a recruiting thread for my new adventure, Rowaini Musketeers. This adventure involves a lot of roleplaying and interaction, combined with swashbuckling action (no muskets though, the name is channeling the flavour of Dumas more than it is implying guns).

Anyone who is interested should post here with a concept and start building a character, and I'll pick the coolest team to get started.

A few ground rules: Stats are rolled on Invisible Castle. Pick a name and roll a d20 with that name, posting a link. After I approve this, you can then roll stats under that name. Roll 4d6 and drop the lowest, but roll 7 stats instead of 6, and you can drop one of the 7 stats of your choice (you can drop the highest if that makes you hopeless and you want to reroll). The rules for hopeless characters are slightly different--a character is hopeless if she does not have at least a net +2 bonus (instead of +1 like usual) and if she doesn't have at least one stat over 14 (instead of 14 or over like usual). Since you can drop the highest stat to become hopeless, this means you'll have at least two 15s unless you choose to keep something cool that doesn't have two like 14 14 14 14 14 14.

The Musketeers are larger-than-life compared to ordinary folk. Thus, they use the special classes described in my setting document (basically highly flavoured reimagining of gestalts), including Swashbuckler and Knight.

Additionally, though the Musketeers will share their race (Rowaini) and their occupation (Musketeers!) in common, I'm looking for a team that is at once cohesive and a bit diverse in personalities. I've created a random table of ideas to get you started. You can take one or more of these or just come up with something else--it's all cool with me. Interweaving backstories or personalities with other Musketeers is cool too. Some of you guys may have been working together for a while now (before or after becoming Musketeers) and some may never have met the others before and be the new guy (hey, d'Artagnan is cool too!)

Anyway, post here if you have any questions, comments, or interest, and I'm looking forward to a really fun game!

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Before I do stats, I wanted to throw a concept out there and see if it would fit the game stye and so on. GM only, please. :)

[sblock=GM Only]CHEATER!!![/sblock].

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
As someone who knows the world and isn't playing this game... (at least I'm fairly sure I'm not).

[sblock=Shayuri]The Croissant Rises at Midnight.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Oh my goodness. :lol: :lol: Did I not put up my random table of ideas? Shayuri, your concept was on that table, and I even said "a la" and then the thing that you said "in the spirit of". As to it being a secret, keep in mind that I've used a bait and switch trick to determine that some of my players read SBLOCKs not for them. If you want something to truly be a secret, edit it out and only send it to me via e-mail or PM.

Darn it, I deleted my table from Notepad because I thought I put it in this thread, so now it's gone.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Mista Collins said:
Any plans of retyping it? Or has it been lost completely to the abyss only to live on in our memories?
I might retype it when I have more spare time. I'm posting now during test cycles of my newest system on the Penn Treebank, so that will not allow me as much time to type something bigger like that again. It was basically just ten Musketeer character / background trait ideas to mix and match, sometimes with examples. Shayuri's concept, for instance, was actually exactly one of the examples I used :lol:

Velmont

First Post
I have one concept that I would like to play. I would like to play the lackey of one of the player. I might have read too much Dumas, but a musketeer cannot travel around without a good lackey. Most probaly, a good lackey will have some bardish style power for the group, so Troubadour or Jester? could be a good choice of class.

I'm even ready to starts with lower stats or lower level to let shine mroe the other and stay more in my role of lackey.

So, RA, let me know if you like that idea.

Shayuri

First Post
Bahaha! Allright, I'll assume that's a big 'yes' then. :)

I'll erase my earlier post now, just in case. I don't think it's a BIG deal if someone read it, as long as not -everyone- did. These little character flavor secrets don't tend to last long anyway. They're just for fun.

I'll get approved and a stat roll going anon!

Rystil Arden

First Post
Velmont said:
I have one concept that I would like to play. I would like to play the lackey of one of the player. I might have read too much Dumas, but a musketeer cannot travel around without a good lackey. Most probaly, a good lackey will have some bardish style power for the group, so Troubadour or Jester? could be a good choice of class.

I'm even ready to starts with lower stats or lower level to let shine mroe the other and stay more in my role of lackey.

So, RA, let me know if you like that idea.
It would seem odd if a lackey had one of the more powerful classes. If you wanted to be a lackey, one idea is that you could be the same level and have the same stats but be a PHB base class like Bard instead.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads