• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruiting: Rowaini Musketeers--One for All and All for One!

Rystil Arden

First Post
Fenris said:
RA,
Just a heads up I'll be out of town Wed to Sat for Thanksgiving.
Me too, actually. In previous years, my Aunt and Uncle's place has been, as I like to call it, an 'Antimagic Field' for technology, like a vacuum where I couldn't get my work done, but I think they have a usable internet connection now.

Rystil Arden

First Post
unleashed said:
So what's up with no post for Gabriel? Another complicated post or just ran out of time earlier? ;)
Both of those, actually, and something else. I had to rewrite some of the wording on one or two of Zoe's mini quote responses before I liked how they looked and sounded.

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Both of those, actually, and something else. I had to rewrite some of the wording on one or two of Zoe's mini quote responses before I liked how they looked and sounded.
No problem, I know how you feel with the rewriting. ;)

Vendetta

First Post
Sorry if this is "interrupting" you all, but I saw the "Recruiting" in the title and was wondering if you are still recruiting. As far as I can tell, there are four players, but I don't know how many you want/looking for. The concept sounds great and I love Dumas and the genre.

So... you know, just wondering if new character ideas were being accepted?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Vendetta said:
Sorry if this is "interrupting" you all, but I saw the "Recruiting" in the title and was wondering if you are still recruiting. As far as I can tell, there are four players, but I don't know how many you want/looking for. The concept sounds great and I love Dumas and the genre.

So... you know, just wondering if new character ideas were being accepted?
Technically the recruiting sign should not still be up (my bad!), since we've started already--I wanted to keep the count low, but I was willing to have up to four musketeers and the one servant, and one musketeer dropped out just before we started, so...hmm, I'll tell you what. Why don't you come up with a character following my guidelines, and if it intrigues me, fits well, and doesn't step on toes of any existing player's archetype, I'll think about it (though you may have to wait for a bit to enter).

Fenris

Adventurer
Hey RA,
I thought you posted the Knight, but I didn't see it in this thread nor did I see it having been added to the Compilation thread. I am justing missing it?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Not entirely sure what happened to it. Here it is again:

[SBLOCK=Knight]The Knight

BAB Fort Ref Will Special
+1 +2 +0 +2 Bonus Feat, Knight's Honour, Primary Aspect
+2 +3 +0 +3 Bonus Feat
+3 +3 +1 +3 Knight's Steed
+4 +4 +1 +4 Bonus Feat
+5 +4 +1 +4 Secondary Aspect
+6/+1 +5 +2 +5 Bonus Feat
+7/+2 +5 +2 +5 Virtue's Shield
+8/+3 +6 +2 +6 Bonus Feat
+9/+4 +6 +3 +6 3rd Aspect, Armour Mastery
+10/+5 +7 +3 +7 Bonus Feat
+11/+6/+1 +7 +3 +7 Enhanced Primary Aspect
+12/+7/+2 +8 +4 +8 Bonus Feat
+13/+8/+3 +8 +4 +8 4th Aspect
+14/+9/+4 +9 +4 +9 Bonus Feat
+15/+10/+5 +9 +5 +9 Enhanced Secondary Aspect
+16/+11/+6/+1 +10 +5 +10 Bonus Feat
+17/+12/+7/+2 +10 +5 +10 5th Aspect
+18/+13/+8/+3 +11 +6 +11 Bonus Feat
+19/+14/+9/+4 +11 +6 +11 Bonus Feat, Supreme Armour Mastery
+20/+15/+10/+5 +12 +6 +12 Supreme Primary Aspect

Hit Dice: d12

Proficient with all martial weapons, all armour, and shields, including tower shields

Skills: 2+Int modifier, Knights use the Fighter skill list, plus Profession and
Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty). Depending on aspects, Knights often have additional
class skills as well.

Knight's Steed: The Knight bonds with her mount, establishing a deep connection. If she
doesn't have one already, she gains a Light or Heavy Warhorse (her choice). This mount
improves based on the Paladin chart for Special Mount, except that it doesn't gain any Int
or abilities in the Special column save for Improved Speed. Additionally, the Knight's
level with respect to that chart (see the "Paladin Level" column) is equal to her primary
aspect of honour. Knights can sometimes gain unusual Special Mounts, and the Piety
ability "Mount Upgrade" imbues the mount with angelic power, upgrading the horse to a
Celestial version and granting the Int and Special column abilities. Also, a Knight with
the "Mount Upgrade" ability and at least 10 points of Honour Piety gain a +2 synergy
bonus to her effective level for mount abilities.

Armour Mastery: The Knight learns the secrets of using different sorts of Armour. She
can move normal speed in medium armour. She gains +1 AC in heavy armour. She ignores
any armour check penalty in light armour. In Rowaini Quicksteel Armour, she gains an
additional -1 ACP and +1 Max Dex. In Nivshaln Armour, she gains an additional DR 1/-.

Supreme Armour Mastery: The Knight learns even greater secrets of using different sorts of Armour.
She can move normal speed in medium armour and gains +2 AC. She gains +1 AC in heavy
armour and can move at normal speed. While wearing light armour, she counts as unarmoured.
In Rowaini Quicksteel Armour, she gains an additional -2 ACP and +2 Max Dex. In Nivshaln
Armour, she gains an additional DR 2/-. This ability overwrites Armour Mastery. It
does not stack.

Honour:
Loyalty--Royal Knight
1st--Supernatural Loyalty
Shield--Immune to Compulsion(except from legitimate superiors)
Enhanced--Determination
Supreme--Loyal Beyond Death
Justice--Knight Justiciar
1st--Smite Wrongdoer, Sense Motive as a Class Skill
Shield--Immune to being Held or Paralysed
Enhanced--Justiciar's Gaze
Supreme--Last Judgment
Charity--Knight Hospitaler
1st--Lay On Hands, Heal as Class Skill
Shield--Immune to Disease
Enhanced--Touch of Rejuvenation
Supreme--Martyr's Gift
Defense--Knight Protector
1st--Heroic Intercession, Concentration as a Class Skill
Shield--Bulwark of Defense
Enhanced--Enhanced Intercession
Supreme--Blades of Ultimate Defense
Courage--Knight Champion
1st--Hero's Challenge,
Shield--Immune to Fear
Enhanced--Rousing Call
Supreme--Devastating Charge
Courtesy--Courtly Gallant
1st--Connections, Diplomacy, Bluff, and Gather Info as Class Skills
Shield--Immune to Poison
Enhanced--Courtly Grace
Supreme--Lord Peer
Piety---Knight Paladin
1st--Turn Undead, Mount Upgrade, Knowledge Religion as Class Skill
Shield--Immune to Energy Drain
Enhanced--Blessed Blade
Supreme--Holy Avenger[/SBLOCK]

So for next level, you're really vying between Bonus Feat (leading to Knight's Steed at 3) or Insightful and Precise Strike. I'm guessing you'll go for Swa3 first and then take Knight after that, but who knows!

Fenris

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
So for next level, you're really vying between Bonus Feat (leading to Knight's Steed at 3) or Insightful and Precise Strike. I'm guessing you'll go for Swa3 first and then take Knight after that, but who knows!

Bzzzzz! Wrong guess.
[sblock=Rystil]Tristan doesn't have weapon finesse, so Precise Strike and therefore Insightful Strike are absolutely useless to him.

In designing Tristan, you and I came to realize that Swa2 was all he really needed, mostly for the skill points, but Evasion and Canny Parry would serve him well, when not in armor. Henceforth Tristan is staying Knight! Which will make him a very interesting Musketeer.

Is a lance a swashbuckling weapon? :p [/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads