Recruiting -- S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold

Xaositek

First Post
Just be glad they're playing warrior types, DeWar. Spellcasters can be a lot nastier in the hands of an optimizer/powergamer.

I'm working on my Sorcerer/Pact-Bound Adept now... I should have it done today or tomorrow. Out of curiosity, what kind of level advancement can we expect, S@s?

Why do I find this post extremely sinister? :uhoh:

Xaositek

First Post
Meh, I won't complain, I'm building from Tome of Battle :p

That said, I'm far from optimized, but I should at least be able keep up for a while.

grufflehead

First Post
grufflehead and rhun thinking alike. jsust great. Now i am scared. *shiver*

I resemble that remark! Besides we've got 1 feat different. And maybe a magic item or two. Toooootally different ;)

@ Xaos - I think DW has employed his massive Diplomacy skill to find a nice of waying of saying I'm not actually very good at this optimising thingy (if you saw my first 'attempt' at a character before I purged it you'll have seen what I mean). I used to play a mean wizard in 1st Ed, but that was quite some time ago, and I find these new fangled options way too confusing.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Level advancement should happen frequently, once the giants start dropping. I will have to play it by ear once you get into the heart of the Steading, as I do not want to see it be too easy.

Dragonwriter

First Post
@ Xaos - I think DW has employed his massive Diplomacy skill to find a nice of waying of saying I'm not actually very good at this optimising thingy (if you saw my first 'attempt' at a character before I purged it you'll have seen what I mean). I used to play a mean wizard in 1st Ed, but that was quite some time ago, and I find these new fangled options way too confusing.

No no no, just saying that DeWar shouldn't be worried about warriors, or even well-designed archers. I'm sure he'll be able to keep up. In the greater scheme of game mechanics, spellcasters are a lot more troublesome and powerful.

And S@s, I have finished my PC and will be posting Chardarran (nickname of Char) to the RG momentarily.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Just be glad they're playing warrior types, DeWar. Spellcasters can be a lot nastier in the hands of an optimizer/powergamer.

I'm working on my Sorcerer/Pact-Bound Adept now...

Hmm, playing a spellcaster and 'spellcasters can be a lot nastier in the hands of an optimizer/powergamer'. How would you describe yourself, DW? ;)

Last edited:

Xaositek

First Post
That's what I was finding sinister ;)

Speaking of killing giants, now that the three of us appear to have characters, is it time for us to move to the IC thread? I read up on the current fight, and see the characters that need replacing, which of us should be replacing who?

s@squ@tch

First Post
That's what I was finding sinister ;)

Speaking of killing giants, now that the three of us appear to have characters, is it time for us to move to the IC thread? I read up on the current fight, and see the characters that need replacing, which of us should be replacing who?

Tinus - Grufflehead
Virashil - Dragonwriter
Jeriko - Xaositek

Remove ads