RECRUITING - Weapons of the Gods: Bei Clan Tournament

Bront

The man with the probe
Ok, Quick Rolecall, then I'll e-mail out martial arts abilities, and you can ask questions from there.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Quickly downing the remnants of his rice bowl and taking a swig of the wine bottle that hung constantly by his side the huge figure lurched to his feet

"I am the Iron fist of the west, mightiest of demonslayers, commander of the heavenly legions, I am here and ready. All enemies crumble before me!" Chu Pa-Chieh bellowed presenting his mighty melon hammer as he attempted to pose

and then he burped...

Prof Yeti

First Post
Xiang Pok

RANK/ARCHETYPE: Fourth Rank Warrior
ORIGIN: Soldier
PASSION: Obsession - While most see Xiang Pok as an underachiever, it is more to the point that they rarely see him at his true passion. When engaged in his training or another test of his skill, the true nature (Physical and Mental Mastery) of Xiang takes on an energy that is palpable.
REGION: The Jin Empire (Nan)

ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS
(Note: All Skills have +1 die to their rating unless otherwise noted.)

MIGHT [JADE CHI] 4
Athletics 2
Climb 2
Fight 3
Hardiness 3
Lift 2

SPEED [CRIMSON CHI] 4
Initiative 2
Dodge 3
Finesse 2
Melee 2

PRESENCE [GOLD CHI] 3
Confidence 2
Grace 2
Persuade 1

GENIUS [WHITE CHI] 3
Learning 1

WU WEI [SILVER CHI] 3
Awareness 2
Senses 1
Stealth 1

ADVANTAGES - Good Looks (Quality 3), Iron Fist (Quality 3), Iron Foot (Quality 3), Tough as Nails (Quality 3), Wealth (Adequate 1)
*Need to work out Benefits for Iron Fist/Iron Foot

KUNG FU STYLES - Lightfoot 3 (Common Any Chi: Surefoot, Run Like a Deer, Headlong Flying Leap), Holy Fire 3 (Common Crimson Chi: Flame Strike, Seven-Fire Fist, Coruscating Flames), Cloud Mastery 3 (Common Jade Chi: Phantom of the Clouds, Moon Covered by Clouds, Flowing Clouds)

BACKGROUNDS - None

DISADVANTAGES
None

EQUIPMENT - Light Armor, Punch/ Kick, Dagger, Nine-Ring Saber, Staff, Lg. Framed Backpack, Waterskin, Provisions, Hemp Clothing, Sandals, and Rain Hat

TREASURES - None

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Ok, I'll try to get this stuff typed up at work by the weekend and sent to you in e-mail, and then I can explain some of the mechanics here in the OC thread. This will be an... interesting experience.

Prof Yeti

First Post
Bront said:
Ok, I'll try to get this stuff typed up at work by the weekend and sent to you in e-mail, and then I can explain some of the mechanics here in the OC thread. This will be an... interesting experience.

Groovy! I have the PDF but have not had time to pick up the book yet. (Has it hit the shelves yet?) But I believe the character I posted last should be ready and willing for some fun. (Except for the abilities of the Iron Fist/ Iron Foot advantages.)

Bront

The man with the probe
Ok, so I don't need to send you info on the powers and advantages then? You have the full PDF or the Book of Wood?

The Gen Con orders are shipping next week sometime, so I'll be one of the first people to have the real book.

Prof Yeti

First Post
I have the PDF from RPG.Now. It talks about the Stats, Skills, and Advantages, but there is no mention of the various styles.

Groovy about the books coming! I told my FLGS to order one for me the minute it hits the pipeline. Though that may still be a while for to actually get here.

Bront

The man with the probe
Ok, I may have bitten off a bit more than I could chew with this. I'm going to try to keep working on it, but I'm begining to have trouble figuring out how to translate the dice mechanics, how Joss works, and a good way to run combat.

I'll still try to fill in the characters a bit, and we can try to see where it leads, but I make no promises about when/if I'll be able to finish.

Again, I'm sorry. I think I just have so many ideas, that I sometimes take on a bit too much.

Remove ads