RECRUITING - Weapons of the Gods: Bei Clan Tournament

Bront

The man with the probe
Prof Yeti said:
I will go with a simple "Yep that is what I thought as well." And don't forget humble. :lol:
Yes, I am most humble - Daring Pengu ;)

Ok, I'm going to plan on starting this around the first week of October. I'll be traveling next week, so will be reading the rules and your characters durring that time (I'll have net access)

And Pengu won't be making an apperance.

I'll be making comments, offering suggestions, and putting togeather style and ability lists for you all soon (Maybe tomorow night).

Prof Yeti

First Post
Bront said:
Yes, I am most humble - Daring Pengu ;)

Ok, I'm going to plan on starting this around the first week of October. I'll be traveling next week, so will be reading the rules and your characters durring that time (I'll have net access)

And Pengu won't be making an apperance.

I'll be making comments, offering suggestions, and putting togeather style and ability lists for you all soon (Maybe tomorow night).

Cool as that will give me time to get the PDF and read it. (I love/much prefer knowing a bit about the mechanics of a game.)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Bront said:
Tonguez, you may not select a Rare Art at character creation. Warriors may choose from Common or Uncommon Arts to start, and no art may start above Level 3.

okay I've removed the Rare Art and tweaked some of the others but I still have only used 37 Destiny.

What else works with what I've chosen (Thunder Hammer and Iron Fist) and weilding a Melon Hammer. Chu Pa-Chieh i s supposed to be big built and strong (I've played him as a half-orc barbarian in DnD to give you an idea.)

I was looking at Inexorable Doom or Golden Temple Bells so are they appropriate?. COuld you also give some more info on what the advantages/disadvantages do...

Bront

The man with the probe
FYI, Brad clairified this too, no skills start above 3 (though you can specialize for an extra 1).

Good techniques? You want some defense? Or all offence? Elemental aspects or all technique, style and damage?

BradofEos

First Post
Tonguez said:
okay I've removed the Rare Art and tweaked some of the others but I still have only used 37 Destiny.

Hmm.

Have you carefully spent Destiny to up your relevant Attributes (i.e., the ones your Kung Fu uses) to be your highest technique in that style for that color, +2?

At 5 Destiny per additional Attribute point, it adds up!

This is called the 'Rule of Thumb for Chi', and if you follow it, your character won't exhaust himself easily in combat. If you don't follow it, your character will get winded and literally run out of breath... and that can have lethal consequences!

Bront

The man with the probe
Good point, sometimes you don't need an extra art, but might be better with a higher attribute so you have more chi to play with. Specializations (2 for the cost of 1) cost destiny, as do additional skill points as well. (1 for 1)

LogicsFate

First Post
How hard is it to learn a new manuver set in-game. Let's say I wanted my character to quickly learn the harsh faults of his specialization, and then pick up some moves from anouther color of Chi...

Bront

The man with the probe
Well, you'd likely need to find someone to learn from, so once you get enough destiny, you learn from a teacher. Common Martial arts are taught everywhere, so it's not that hard. Beyond that, it depends on the training.

In extreme circumstances, you could learn the maneuver yourself under pressure, but that's only for the ones you already know.

In game terms, you need enough destiny available to spend (You earn more as you adventure) to be able to buy the ability, and then find an appropriate place/time to spend it.

Bront

The man with the probe
Book should arive soon, hopefully before I leave on Tuesday. However, I may have a workable substitute, so I should be able to type up and e-mail a few things to you all next week.

Remove ads