RECRUITING - Weapons of the Gods: Bei Clan Tournament

Bront

The man with the probe
Prof Yeti said:
Groovy though I am afraid it will have to be saturday or sunday before I can finish the character. I just got home and am very much wiped out. Plus I have to meet the girlfriends parents tomorrow. :heh:
No problem. I'm still reading the book, so it whenever we start is fine. A good background helps, or at least a good personality development and motivation.

BradofEos

First Post
LogicsFate said:
That is so cool, hob-knobin with the little guys

Pfft. Ain't no little - consider it customer service!

Though I'll admit I'm probably going to be able to do it less as the busier I get!

Bront

The man with the probe
BradofEos said:
Pfft. Ain't no little - consider it customer service!

Though I'll admit I'm probably going to be able to do it less as the busier I get!
He ran an interesting demo at Gen Con that I played in for a short time till he got called away. Unfortunately, I was playing a very softspoken character, though I would have enjoyed actualy getting an attack, where Caine would have walked over, bowed to his opponents, and procided to slam them both onto the ground :)

Prof Yeti

First Post
How does this character look. Haven't been able to get the book yet, but will in the next few days. Especially since I have no idea what many of these skills/forms/abilities do. (I am going on blind faith here (for my love of a good martial arts game). :D :cool:

XIANG POK

RANK/ARCHETYPE: Fourth Rank Warrior
ORIGIN: Soldier
PASSION: Obsession - While most see Xiang Pok as an underachiever, it is more to the point that they rarely see him at his true passion. When engaged in his training or another test of his skill, the true nature (Physical and Mental Mastery) of Xiang takes on an energy that is palpable.
REGION: The Jin Empire (Nan)

ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS
(Note: All Skills have +1 die to their rating unless otherwise noted.)

MIGHT [JADE CHI] 4
Athletics 2
Climb 2
Fight 3
Hardiness 3
Lift 2

SPEED [CRIMSON CHI] 4
Initiative 3
Dodge 3
Finesse 2
Melee 3

PRESENCE [GOLD CHI] 3
Confidence 3
Grace 1
Persuade 1

GENIUS [WHITE CHI] 3
Learning 1

WU WEI [SILVER CHI] 3
Awareness 2
Senses 2
Stealth 1

KUNG FU STYLES - Lightfoot 3 (Common Any Chi: Surefoot, Run Like a Deer, Headlong Flying Leap), Holy Fire 3 (Common Crimson Chi: Flame Strike, Seven-Fire Fist, Coruscating Flames), Cloud Mastery 3 (Common Jade Chi: Phantom of the Clouds, Moon Covered by Clouds, Flowing Clouds)

ADVANTAGES - Lucky, Healthy as an Ox, Iron Fists

DISADVANTAGES
None

EQUIPMENT - Staff, Dagger Or Punch Dagger, Light Armor, Punch Or Kick

TREASURES - None

Last edited:

BradofEos

First Post
Prof Yeti said:
How does this character look. Haven't been able to get the book yet, but will in the next few days. Especially since I have no idea what many of these skills/forms/abilities do. (I am going on blind faith here (for my love of a good martial arts game). :D :cool:

XIANG POK

RANK/ARCHETYPE: Fourth Rank Warrior
ORIGIN: Soldier
PASSION: Obsession - While most see Xiang Pok as an underachiever, it is more to the point that they rarely see him at his true passion. When engaged in his training or another test of his skill, the true nature (Physical and Mental Mastery) of Xiang takes on an energy that is palpable.
REGION: The Jin Empire (Nan)

Looking good, Prof!

Only thing I'd point out needing a tweak is that to have Fist of Iron, you need to have bought the Affiliation: Bei Clan (5 Destiny) to go with it - and possibly a point or two of Status as well. The Uncommon Styles are only taught by clans, and you have to be a member with some standing (hence the Status!) in order to get to know the good stuff.

You might also take the Disadvantage: Onerous Obligation as well - which means that every once in a while, you'll have to drop everything to run a mission of some sort of the Clan. Probably involving weapons delivery, since the Bei are heavily involved in weapons manufacture! You want the Disad - while annoying, you get paid a point of Destiny each time the Disad makes your life difficult... "What? You want me to take this quality sword to whom? At this hour of the night?" ;)

Bront

The man with the probe
Looks good, though I'll warn you.

You only have as much chi as your ability score. You have 2 jade chi abilities, and only 3 jade chi total. Each power uses 1 chi of that type per rank, so to use the L3 technique, you spend 3 jade chi, leaving you with none till next round, and preventing you from using some of your potential combos.

The Blade Wheel will not work with Fists of Iron, which is an unarmed style. Holy Fire and Cloud Mastery will work with anything. Also, if you don't take the Blade Wheel, you don't need Weapon Training. Iron Hand advantage could be usefull.

Blessed by the Gods - As long as you seek out Bizarre Perril after Bizarre Perril, the gods will help keep you alive by negating any wound penalties to any rolls you make to escape that danger. - Interesting, but might be kind of expensive, and not increadably usefill directly in a tourny. Could be usefull, potentialy in this game even, but it's kind of expensive, so you might want to rethink it, unless that's what you had intended.

Edit - What Brad said too ;)

You're probably better off sticking with common styles unless you have a particular one in mind. I'll do a quick overview of the Uncommon ones, including potential affiliations.

Also, since this is the Bei clan trouny, perhaps you can learn it later if you place well.

Remove ads