[Recruitment] ECL 9 (Demunched)FR Underdogs Campaign

DM_Matt

First Post
Forsaken: As I said, I'd consider the troll if you make it make sense as a character. Ghasts are a little much to explain, though.

GaryH: Drag/2 pally can be fine, but note that this might not be turning out to be the best group in which to play a paladin. Personally ,I am hoping that he group gravitates more towards CG/NG/CN with G tendencies. It would be best if the characters inherently give a darn about saving the world.

As far as a misc band of monsters, diversity is fine, but I recommend against getting too weird for RP encounters.

DM_Matt

First Post
Ok, so far we have:

Name Race/Class AL
--------------------------------------------

Janos Audron.............?................?

The Forsaken One...Troll Psion or.........?
...................Psi Warrior.............

Semirhage..........G.Elf Wiz7/Virt........CN

garyh..............Shield Dwarf...........?
...................Rogue/Fighter...........
...................OR G.Drag/2 Pally.......
...................OR Minotaur Barbie......

reapersaurus.......half-orc Barb1/Clr5....?
.................../Mighty Contender.......
...................of Kord3................

Elric..............Human F/R/Duelist......?G

Last edited:

Semirhage

First Post
CG?

Well, if you want a CG character, how about a Lillend? It's practically a bard... and has that outsider flavor that I seem to be hankering for right now. What I really want is to be able to qualify for Virtuoso(and be something a little different), which I can do with a Lillend after takig my first level as a Bard or Wizard.

This is yet another odd one to me... It has 7hd and casts spells as a 6th level bard and has a CR 7. How on earth did it become ECL 14?!? Stats are pretty good, but a single 9th level character of any class should be able to ake it on without a problem. Do any of you know of a thread somewhere on the boards where these silly ECLs are discussed? I might put in my 2 cents.

DM_Matt, you didn't answer my question, at least I didn't see the answer anywhere. Do we apply racial modifiers after we buy our stats?

Semirhage

First Post
Danke. C'est la vie. Here's another question:how much does the half-celestial template add to ECL? 3 or 5?

Hrm. I guess I can stick to the gold elf, but like I said, I have a desire to play something different. Brass Dragon Wyrmling is ECL 9. Nixies are ECL 3. Pixies without Otto's Dance are ECL 5.

Do any of those sound viable to you Monsieur DM?

Oh, and I feel like I should tell you that this day has been abnormal. I can't usually post so often, but this is a good sign, since it means I'm very interested in the game.

Pleasant dreams everyone.

Elric

First Post
Lilends have +38 to their stats. Your character's average ability score would be almost 20.

Pixies? That seems a little too weird... I can't quite accept 30 pound, 3 foot tall halflings as it is. But I'm not the DM, and I'm sure that I'd be fine with a well rped character, after the initial shock value wore off

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
You COULD try the pixie/nixie route if you play it right, but I might up the ECL from 5 for the permanently invisible flying pixie with SR and sleep arrows.

Half-Celestials are very cool (and game-appropriate), but they do cost 3 levels.

However, if you also want to stay a virtuoso and want an outsider feeling, perhaps you should consider being an Asimar. It only costs one level, and you get +2 to Cha and Wis with no stat penalties, Acid, Electricity ,and Cold Res 5, light 1/day, +2 to Search and Spot, Darvision 60, and are Native Outsiders, meaning that they cant be affected by spells such as charm person that only harm humanoids.

Also in the not-too-expensive outsider category are the four types of genasi (half-genies), but they all have a minus in Cha.

Remove ads