• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Red Hand of Doom - OOC

Rhun

First Post
I've also had to beef up the encounters to account for the 50% increase in PC's over the standard party size, plus the use of non-core (and more powerful IMHO) classes. I think you'd have walked all over Vraath Keep as written.

Perhaps, though I've heard it said that RHoD is already a grinder of a module, and that most "standard" adventuring parties will suffer severe casualties. Still, I guess we will see what happens.

renau1g

First Post
Yeah, that's why I also started you guys one level higher than the designers suggested. I still have to get you some nice treasure though to make up for these battles, I missed that last time so expect lots of glittering prizes soon ;)

Rhun

First Post
Yeah, that's why I also started you guys one level higher than the designers suggested. I still have to get you some nice treasure though to make up for these battles, I missed that last time so expect lots of glittering prizes soon ;)

Glittering prizes? Sweet! I'm excitied.

Voadam

Legend
I've also had to beef up the encounters to account for the 50% increase in PC's over the standard party size, plus the use of non-core (and more powerful IMHO) classes. I think you'd have walked all over Vraath Keep as written.

You consider soulknife more powerful than core classes? I guess the fact that I can throw my mindblade gives me a leg up on most monks in combat . . . :)

Soulknife mechanics suit my playstyle well (very little resource tracking that refreshes in a round) and I think they have a lot of cool flavor but I never considered pure combat power as their strong point.

Voadam

Legend
Perhaps, though I've heard it said that RHoD is already a grinder of a module, and that most "standard" adventuring parties will suffer severe casualties. Still, I guess we will see what happens.

Its done by the Paizo guys. Par for the course for them. :)

renau1g

First Post
You consider soulknife more powerful than core classes? I guess the fact that I can throw my mindblade gives me a leg up on most monks in combat . . . :)

Soulknife mechanics suit my playstyle well (very little resource tracking that refreshes in a round) and I think they have a lot of cool flavor but I never considered pure combat power as their strong point.

No not so much your PC (although the ranged blade, and the free magical enhancement are a bit better than the monk, again IMHO), I just find the Bo9S classes a bit more powerful mechanically than your base classes, not that I'm opposed to them at all, in fact they bring up the PL of martial types once you get to the Mid-levels.

Also, this group is very strong with tactical planning, which many groups aren't so that plays into things.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Also, this group is very strong with tactical planning, which many groups aren't so that plays into things.
Running one Paizo AP (AoW) and surviving an entire other one with the same character (Savage Tide, oh how I miss Col) means you think tactically. Or you die. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads