• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Redbrick signs GSL

On a similar thread on rpgnet Josh Harrison from Redbrick says:

The release is also posted on www.fading-suns.com and http://www.blueplanet-rpg.com/

RedBrick cross-posts a lot of our news items on all of our game sites. I happen to be more heavily involved with the Earthdawn arm of the company, so that's where I first saw it (I didn't know about this beforehand).

Do not take my reference to the ED site as anything other than a pointer to where the release can be seen. At this point, I don't know much more than you, and even if I did, can't talk about it due to NDAs.

(Edit: And James came in saying the same thing I just did. Beaten to the punch!)

While Barsaive would be a good campaign setting for 4e, Redbrick licenses Earthdawn from FASA, so they may not have the right to publish it under another license like the GSL.

Redbrick has never been an OGL publisher, so the limitations of the GSL won't be much of a bother to them. They may even be thinking of products with both 4e and Earthdawn stats.

Obryn

Hero
Scholar & Brutalman said:
Redbrick has never been an OGL publisher, so the limitations of the GSL won't be much of a bother to them. They may even be thinking of products with both 4e and Earthdawn stats.
Yep, I was thinking the same thing - a non-OGL company doesn't need to worry about the OGL poison pill clause.

-O

Remove ads