• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Redclaw's Eyes of the Lich Queen (Eberron Adventure) (Recruiting Closed)

Redclaw

First Post
Wanted: A Party of Experienced Adventurers

An unknown benefactor is about to contact a group of famous adventurers whose reputation speaks to their ability to succeed where others have failed. Your goal is to be that party of adventurers. Create an effectively balanced and somewhat flashy party (remember, he needs to have heard of you,) and you will have a chance at glory beyond your imaginging.

The idea is that the party has been together for several years, and has accomplished a number of high-profile feats, so we’ll throw a bit of that into character creation. For now, you don't need to stat up the full character sheet; I'm more interested in creative, party-centered backstory.

When you propose a character concept, I would like it accompanied by a party concept. The Players Handbook II suggests several backgrounds: Charter, Childhood Friendship, Chosen, Circumstance or Organization. Please pick one and elaborate. If, after suggestions have started to come in, you like the direction another suggestion has gone in, feel free to sign on and add your own ideas (significant accomplishments, allies or enemies the party has made, etc.)

I will pick a party concept on Sunday, November 25. At that point anyone who wants to tweak a character to fit the party can do so, but only those who have been involved in the discussion of the party.

Character creation guidelines:
Level 5
Eberron setting
28 Point Buy
Races available: Core, Eberron core, Spellscale, Kobold, orc, goblin
Classes available: Core, Artificer, PHB II, Crusader, Favored Soul, Scout, Swashbuckler, Warmage
Starting Gold: 6,000 gp (yes, this is below average…but I’ll make it up to you)

Selected Background
The party started as a group of childhood friends (and siblings) sent to fight goblins, picking up some strays along the way. They have since purchased an official adventuring charter and formed a guild that is all name and no power...yet.

Party Members
OnlytheStrong--Shifter Scout
WakkaWakka--Human Favored Soul (Silver Flame)
EvolutionKB--Human Duskblade
Creamsteak--Kalashtar Crusader
TwistedMindInc--Shifter Warmage
Zurai--Human Bard/Crusader

Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
I'd like to throw a Shifter Ranger out there. A tracking/recon expert. I don't really see him as having a animal companion, but that may change with the party concept.

As for the party concept part how about this:

The party started as a couple of childhood friends (or more than just a couple) adventuring around and gathering treasures and fame. I could see my ranger coming into their party when they traveled through the woods he lives in, and they fell into danger. He assisted them in dispatching their enemies and agreed to guide them to the city they were wanting to find. Along the way, he became friends with them and decided to stay with them.

This is a VERY basic concept. I would actually like to see what others put before I go into alot of detail, simply because it is easier for me to think of stories when I have a basic party to help shape them.

Redclaw

First Post
OnlytheStrong said:
This is a VERY basic concept. I would actually like to see what others put before I go into alot of detail, simply because it is easier for me to think of stories when I have a basic party to help shape them.
It's a good concept, and any that come in will be adapted to fit the party.

Voda Vosa

First Post
I would like to propose a warforged fighter. And I liked Only's idea of party. My character could have been found by the party, deactivated, abandoned. Like a war relict, covered with dirt and plants in the middle of the jungle.
If the party reactivates him, he will pledge loyalty to them, didn't really realizing he was thought as a friend and not as the killing machine he is.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
If everyone just kind of throws there two cents in, we should have a full backstory soon lol. We just need to figure out our "past adventures"

Voda Vosa

First Post
Well... we could easily have searched some ruined temples in the jungle where the party found my character. Or been hired to protect them from tomb robbers =) Ethier way works

Redclaw

First Post
While I'm glad you two are already playing off each other, I'd still love to hear some other ideas for the party background. Besides, you still don't have any of the childhood friends to form the supposed backbone of the group. :D

By the way, are either of you thinking of using the racial substitution levels from RoE?

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
I don't know much about the racial subsitution levels. I will have to read them over. I haven't even started thinking about how to build a character yet :) I'm still mulling over the group concept.

WakkaWakka

First Post
I'd like to join in, with a human crusader - finally I can play something from the Tome of Battle ;)

I'm proposing as a member of the initial party - unless someone has better ideas (for, knowing myself, this could get ridicoulus fast), or it's against the grain of the world we are going to play in, I'd say it all started with a border raid expedition gone devastatingly wrong: they were to counter-attack a raiding force of common enemies... let's say goblins, for now, but got lost. Horribly lost. "Temperate forest gives way to jungle" lost. That's what happens when the village council sends the greener braves on a mission...

After a lot of wandering in the woods, and some interesting incounters (including one with a worthy woodsman - finally someone that can read a map!) at last they manage to get near their starting village.
But, in the last major town before coming back home, they find the villagers, running away from the goblin plague. They had been overwhelmed by what should have amounted to just a small raiding force... and now that force was continuing its assault.

It will be in the defense of that town, that the name of... hey, do we have a name as a group? or would you rather not have one? however, it was there that the bards started singing of their courage, verging on foolhardines - or, for some, the other way around...

What do you think about it?
It doesn't even work as an introduction for every party member - but it could do as an introduction for the party as a whole.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads