• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Redclaws Protectors OOC

EvolutionKB

First Post
I am torn between the two. It may not be the case, but the second build seems better in melee(which I think we need). The first has the at will that gives an ally +2 to attack. That is a good idea with two strikers in the party.

Walking Dad

First Post
EvolutionKB said:
I am torn between the two. It may not be the case, but the second build seems better in melee(which I think we need). The first has the at will that gives an ally +2 to attack. That is a good idea with two strikers in the party.
I could change sacred flame to lance of faith without problems.
Good point about more melee characters needed.

Votes so far:

Wizard multi: Zurai

Melee (pure): EvolutionKB

Redclaw

First Post
Still waiting on three entries to the RG. I'm hoping to get things started tomorrow evening, but I need your characters finalized first.

WD, I know you're waiting on a vote for your final decision, but get it up there as soon as you make up your mind, okay?

pathfinderq1

First Post
(Osric's write-up- moved to RG)
[sblock=Character Sheet]Osric Vonheim
Dwarven male Fighter 1 (great weapon build)
Alignment: Good
Deity: Kord
Region: Evenfall
Height: 4'8"
Weight: 195 lbs
Hair: black
Skin: deeply tanned
Eyes: brown
Exp: 0

Str: 16 (+3)
Con: 16 (+3)
Dex: 12 (+1)
Int: 11 (+0)
Wis: 15 (+2)
Chr: 10 (+0)

HP: 31 Bloodied: 15
Healing Surges per day/HP healed per surge: 12/7

Initiative: +1
Speed: 5 (Even in heavy armor or with a heavy load)
Senses: Low-light vision; passive Perception/Insight: 12/12
AP: 1

AC: 16 Fortitude: 15 Reflex: 11 Will: 12

Basic Melee attack: +6 vs AC, halberd, 1d10+3, (reach 2)
Basic Ranged attack: +3 vs AC, Sling, 1d6+1, range 10/20

Skills:
+7 Athletics (+5 trained, +3 stat, -1 armor)
+9 Dungeoneering (Bonus, +5 trained, +2 WIS +2 racial)
+9 Endurance (+5 trained, +3 CON,+2 racial, -1 armor)
+7 Healing (+5 trained, +2 WIS)

Feats:
Warrior of the wild

Languages:
Common, Dwarven

Racial Abilities (Dwarf):
Cast-iron stomach: +5 to saves vs. poison
Dwarven resilience: Use second wind as a minor action, not standard
Dwarven weapon proficiency: proficient with throwing hammer and warhammer
Encumbered speed: No speed penalty for armor or heavy load
Stand your ground: Forced move 1 less space (if desired), immediate saving throw to resist being knocked prone

Class Abilities (fighter):
Combat challenge- Mark target with attack (hit or miss); Marked target has -2 to hit if the attack does not include Osric; Adjacent Marked targets that shift or attack other targets are subject to immediate attack
Combat superiority- +2 to hit with Opportunity attacks, an opponent hit by an Opportunity attack stops moving (if the attack was triggered by movement)
Fighter weapon talent- +1 to hit with two-handed weapons

Powers (numbers assume he is using his halberd):
At-will: Cleave (+6 vs. AC, 1d10+3 and adjacent enemy takes 3 HP)
At-will: Reaping strike (+6 vs. AC, 1d10+3; miss deals 3 HP)
Encounter: Covering strike (+6 vs. AC, 2d10+3 and ally adjacent to target may shift 2 squares)
(+Encounter: Hunter's Quarry, lasts 1 round; choose nearest enemy as quarry, deal +1d6 damage on one attack)
Daily: Villain's menace (+6 vs. AC; hit = 2d10+3 and gain +2 bonus to hit and +4 bonus to damage against target for remainder of encounter; miss= +1 bonus to hit and +2 bonus to damage against target for the rest of the encounter)

Equipment (105 lb):
-Chainmail Armor
-Halberd
-Hand axe
-Sling
-20 sling bullets
-Dagger
-Adventurer's Kit(backpack, bedroll, flint/steel, belt pouch, two sunrods, ten days of trail rations, 50' of hemp rope, waterskin)
-Basic clothing (2 sets- 1 worn, 1 in pack)
Spare cash (4gp, 10 sp)[/sblock]

[sblock=Appearance](Coming soon)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Personality]Osric is a good-hearted fellow- he is hard-working and brave, though a bit gruff, at least around those he doesn't know well. Behind his stone-faced exterior, he is nice enough, but he is much better at listening than at speaking. He loves heroic tales, and when among friends he can laugh and tell stories as well as anyone. He has a strong protective instinct around those who are less able to defend themselves.[/sblock]

[sblock=Background] Osric never really knew his father- the older dwarf worked as a guardsman for Evenfall, and he died fighting orcs (Or whatever?) that had been raiding the outlying farms which supported the town. Osric's mother raised him herself- she worked as a healer, midwife, and herbalist- as such Osric grew up seeing a lot of children around the house, and soon developed a protective instinct to those who were younger or weaker than he was. And even from a fairly early point, lots of people were younger and weaker than he was- he took an apprenticeship with the local smith early on, and quickly turned into a burly lad, even for a dwarf. His apprenticeship didn't work out terribly well, though- he was always more interested in wielding weapons than in making them, and he often practiced for hours after his normal chores were done. What spare time he had was often spend hanging around with the towns guardsmen- at least until a few years ago. With only a few professional enforcers in town, competition for the spots was fierce, and some of the men who took the job were less than completely honorable. Recently, Osric became disillusioned with the local guardsmen, and he has hired out as an independent guard for some of the gold panners who wanted to venture a bit farther out along the river, into dangerous territory. Just last week, Osric very nearly got himself arrested when he stepped into a dispute between one of the guardsmen and a young woman who was not interested in the man's "attention". Only the fact that several reputable townsfolk, (including one of the local clergy) witnessed the incident kept things from getting ugly. Osric has continued to practice with a few other locals about his own age, but he seems quieter and more sullen- obviously the atmosphere in town is wearing on him.[/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
I'm inclined to vote for the second one. As noted, it looks somewhat more effective in melee, and since we have two ranged strikers and a wizard, we probably want someone other than Osric who can fight close in.

If nothing else, the cleric and warlock can be one fire team and Mirna and Osric a second team, with Immeral out at range.

Walking Dad

First Post
pathfinderq1 said:
I'm inclined to vote for the second one. As noted, it looks somewhat more effective in melee, and since we have two ranged strikers and a wizard, we probably want someone other than Osric who can fight close in.

If nothing else, the cleric and warlock can be one fire team and Mirna and Osric a second team, with Immeral out at range.
Ok, I will post the second one (with a change from sacred flame to lance of faith) in the RG :)

EvolutionKB

First Post
Very good, now we just wait on Graf. If indeed the game starts tomorrow, I won't be able to post until tomorrow night or Monday morning, late evening. Basegball game and work.

Graf

Explorer
Sorry... the baby's sick so I've been playing "the human bed"
Will try to get on a proper computer so I cancopy her over tonight.

Remove ads