• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

reforging weapons

Crosshair

First Post
I'd say you would be able to do it, but you'd need a restriction on it. The restrction being you'd need similar weapons, as well as more metal(or whatever is the major component) needed.

UltimaGabe

First Post
You all seem to be forgetting that if you have the appropriate Craft feat, you can repair a broken magic item for half of the cost in gp, xp, and time it took to make the item in the first place.

Sue Bloodbucket

First Post
UltimaGabe said:
You all seem to be forgetting that if you have the appropriate Craft feat, you can repair a broken magic item for half of the cost in gp, xp, and time it took to make the item in the first place.

Jeah? Since a Firegiant sundered nearly 100.000 GP (markedprice) items in our last session I DO want to know where that is written.

Thanks
Sue

hong

WotC's bitch
Sue Bloodbucket said:
Jeah? Since a Firegiant sundered nearly 100.000 GP (markedprice) items in our last session I DO want to know where that is written.

PHB p.92, last paragraph of Craft Magic Arms & Armour.

Thinking about the original question again, I'd probably allow reshaping a weapon into a different form for a nominal cost (say 1000 gp, or 1/10th of the cost of a new weapon, or something). Anything that strengthens the tie between a magic item and its user is a good thing in my book.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads