• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Refreshing Attacks of Opportunity

DanMcS

Explorer
Without the combat reflexes feat, you get one AoO per round. Does this refresh at the beginning of your turn or the end?

IE, before my initiative, I take an attack of opportunity. On my turn, I move through a threatened square; they (for whatever reason) try to disarm me and don't have Improved Disarm, so they provoke one from me. Can I take that attack of opportunity?

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
I would refresh it at the beginning. It's convenient to start your turn with a clean slate each time.

FireLance

Legend
It could be argued that it should reset at the end of your turn, in the same way that taking an immediate action prevents you from using a swift action on your turn. However, it is not specified in the rules, so either approach should be fine as long as you are consistent, as others have said.

werk

First Post
FireLance said:
It could be argued that it should reset at the end of your turn...

Pretty much everything resets at the beginning of your turn, that's why it's "your turn". Can anyone think of anything that would "reset" at the end of their turn?

FEADIN

Explorer
Same answer, the start of your turn, you start actions that will last 6 seconds, anything you've done before you turn was done in the 6 second "before".

Infiniti2000

First Post
werk said:
Pretty much everything resets at the beginning of your turn, that's why it's "your turn". Can anyone think of anything that would "reset" at the end of their turn?
No, because the end of your turn could very well be in the middle of your round. Conceptually, the idea is that the end of your turn is really the beginning of your next turn (round to round, not full round action to full round action). Having it reset at the end of your turn only emphasizes the cyclical combat system even further by further pointing out the discrete, non-simultaneous actions.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads