• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Regeneration and ongoing damage

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Both are resolved at the start of the turn, but is there a specific order? Most of the time is doesn't matter, but if the HP total is near 0 or near maximum then it becomes relevant.

Deverash

First Post
Nikosandros said:
Both are resolved at the start of the turn, but is there a specific order? Most of the time is doesn't matter, but if the HP total is near 0 or near maximum then it becomes relevant.

I'd be tempted to say you can choose the order it all happens in, but it doesn't really say, does it? Another question to barrage CS with tomorrow. (I really don't want to be a WotC CS guy tomorrow...today, yes. :) )

Baka no Hentai

First Post
I would say, in the absence of a clarification from the RAW, that the two effects would occur at the same time, thus cancelling each other out. (So if you had 5 points of regeneration and 7 points of ongoing damage, the net effect would be that you take 2 points of damage at the beginning of the turn.)

However I do not have the books yet so that is merely a guess on my part.

SuperJosh

First Post
Damage 1st
then Regen
then other effects.

As per the PHB, applying ongoing damage is the very first thing you do every round

Vempyre

Explorer
There is a specific order. But as I am not home with my books right now, can't tell ya on which page it is, but there is a page which tells ya something like :

1) tale ongoing damage
2) apply regeneration
3) ...

etc etc

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Vempyre said:
There is a specific order. But as I am not home with my books right now, can't tell ya on which page it is, but there is a page which tells ya something like :

1) tale ongoing damage
2) apply regeneration
3) ...

etc etc
Logan Bonner stated that the player may decide the order.

Remove ads