• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Registration Experience (Good or bad?)

direcow

First Post
If you are interested in the midnight zombie game, show up even if you can't register. Last year the GM took generics for those who couldn't get in. The game has something like 30 or 40 people in it and he didn't seem to care if a few more were added to the mix.

DonTadow

First Post
jaults said:
According to my screen, there's a slot in the Saturday noon D&D for Cash game. Three friends and I are signed up for it, as is one other person, leaving one slot open.

Jason
Thanks for the headsup but it's opposite my iron dm master tournament. Good luck to your group though.

buzz

Adventurer
I only got hosed out of one event (Iron Lore, as I should have expected). I was also sad to see no Ars Magica, HARP, or Tekumel events being offered.

Thurs:
Iron Lore Deisgn Diary
D&D Secrets of Eberron
May try to at least observe the Iron Lore event

Fri:
Order of the Stick Q&A
*Running* Dark Chapions: The Animated Series event (for which no one has yet signed up)
True Dungeon, possibly (friend bought a block of tickets)

Sat:
d20 Design Tips
D&D Sneak Previews
GURPS Banestorm
Burning Wheel

Sun:
Life as a Freelancer
or possibly sneak into Iron Lore event; I figure if there's any one of the slots that will have no-shows, it's the 9am Sunday one. :)

JesterPoet

First Post
GlassJaw said:
Wow! How the heck does that work?!

You need to be willing to speak up.

It works. Hell, even if you just watch I'm sure it is a riot!

CarlZog said:
I didn't play last year, and I didn't get in this year. Thought about it too late.

Like DireCow said, if you come with generics, you'll get in.

Last edited:

DonTadow

First Post
It's awesome and yeah you got to be into your character. I did it a couple years ago but staying up that late wiped me out for my tourney the next day. I have too many 8ams to do it again, but i do say that at least one time in your gencon career you should do it.

CarlZog

Explorer
buzz said:
I was also sad to see no Ars Magica, HARP, or Tekumel events being offered.

Me too! Sad, and a little surprised. Especially about Tekumel. Thought somebody would be pushing the new release.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads