• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Relative paths vs. absolute paths??

Ashy

First Post
Is there a way to create links on these boards by using relative paths and not absolute paths? I have a bunch of links to other spots on the boards in my sig, but the length of "http://www.enworld.org/forms/" in each one is eating up all my character space! :p It would be great if I could instead have a link like "../showpost.php?1212121" or whatever...

Can this be done?

Thanks in advance!

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Ashy said:
Is there a way to create links on these boards by using relative paths and not absolute paths? I have a bunch of links to other spots on the boards in my sig, but the length of "http://www.enworld.org/forms/" in each one is eating up all my character space! :p It would be great if I could instead have a link like "../showpost.php?1212121" or whatever...

Can this be done?

Thanks in advance!

If you go to post and click the #n in the upper left corner of the message, the post will be shown in its own window, by taking that and using VBul commands you should be able to do something.

Now something else you could do is personal forum or build an index. Building an index is a work-a-round, post a thread with a list of your post inside it, then link to that thread in your sig. ;)

Last edited:

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Okay, I 'right clicked' in Omokage's post, selected 'properties', highlighted and copied URL, then using hyperlink command, pasted address.

Ashy

First Post
Hand of Evil said:
Now something else you could do is personal forum or build an index. Building an index is a work-a-round, post a thread with a list of your post inside it, then link to that thread in your sig. ;)

Yea, that is probably what I'll wind up doing....

Ashy

First Post
Hand of Evil said:
Okay, I 'right clicked' in Omokage's post, selected 'properties', highlighted and copied URL, then using hyperlink command, pasted address.

Thanks - I'll give that a whirl!

Remove ads