Release Date for S4 Player's Guide?

RCanine

First Post
Has the release date for the Player's Guide for S4 been announced? I'm looking to start a Death House game pretty soon that goes into Curse of Strahd and just want to know if I should wait for it or not.

I believe that Death House is probably not AL legal until March 4th. Don't quote me on that, but it's what I've surmised because the instructions say that the season starts then. Since it's part of CoS, the safe bet is to wait until the official start of the season, unless the Admins declare otherwise.

Inconnunom

Explorer
I believe that Death House is probably not AL legal until March 4th. Don't quote me on that, but it's what I've surmised because the instructions say that the season starts then. Since it's part of CoS, the safe bet is to wait until the official start of the season, unless the Admins declare otherwise.

Anything published by WotC is legal when it is released. (Per AL Admin). Robert Adducci confirmed this module is currently playable. SO you can start now if you want. (We are starting tomorrow night).

Anything published by WotC is legal when it is released. (Per AL Admin). Robert Adducci confirmed this module is currently playable. SO you can start now if you want. (We are starting tomorrow night).

Guess I was wrong. I opted to err on the side of caution and logic. Personally, I've got a few reasons why I'm probably not going to run Death House anytime soon.

1. Waiting on ALPG 4.0/CoS so that I can let my players know exactly what options were added for this season. I know that the CoS story origin player options are likely going to be just like RoD: PHB + SCAG + story-specific backgrounds. However, I'm still holding a shred of hope that Death Clerics will be added to the mix. I know the chances are unlikely, but CoS is probably the most thematically-appropriate season to add them.
2. Waiting on CoS release so that I can see how Death House fits into the adventure both in terms of balance/story repercussions.
3. Table is still running OotA. I plan on ending it after Chapter 7, as they're already on Chapter 6.
4. One of my players is shipping out to the USAF in the next couple months. I'd rather not have to deal with trapping his character in Ravenloft. I'll probably run DDAL modules during the time between ending OotA and his ship-out date. Chances are high that he'll end up getting into a group on-base that he can play with anyways.

kalani

First Post
The S4 player's guide will be released:

pasted_image_at_2016_01_11_08_39_pm.png

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
(Disclaimer: Lasers are not guaranteed, and may be disallowed by the DM at your table at her discretion. Expect table variation. Not valid with races from the Elemental Evil Player's Guide or on alternate Tuesdays during Lent. Void where prohibited, and possibly even where allowed. "Screw You" is a registered trademark of Pauper's Ego Trips, LLC.)

--
Pauper

The Admins have seen the new version of the ALPG, made some additional changes and sent it back for approval/layout. Today is the last day in the office for many of the staff (since GaryCon travel is tomorrow). Hopefully we will see something in the next day or two, otherwise next week.

Remove ads