Relentless Assault

Michael Morris

First Post
Relentless Assault

Prerequisites: STR 13+, Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Greater Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Specialization, Power Attack, Cleave, Greater Cleave, Improved Critical, Brutal HIt

Benefit: Whenever you land a critical hit you may may another attack roll against the same foe at the same bonus to hit. This process is open ended - you may continue to roll attacks so long as you land critical hits.

Special: A fighter may select relentless assault as a fighter bonus feat.

Ace

Adventurer
Michael Morris said:
Relentless Assault

Prerequisites: STR 13+, Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Greater Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Specialization, Power Attack, Cleave, Greater Cleave, Improved Critical, Brutal HIt

Benefit: Whenever you land a critical hit you may may another attack roll against the same foe at the same bonus to hit. This process is open ended - you may continue to roll attacks so long as you land critical hits.

Special: A fighter may select relentless assault as a fighter bonus feat.

OK I originally posted without knowing about Brutal Hit -- which is the same feat as "Expanded Crit Range" -- IMC here is my edit

This class option can be a a Sewing Machine of Death basically with the above feats - An Eleven Blade Singer (Sorry couldn't resist) if you will with a rapier will crit on a 15- probably crits once per round on a full attack -- I figure his average per round output with normal magic alotments is high -- call it 3d6 weapon damage + 44 points from Strength, Specialization and Magic -- maybe 53 points
If you let Keen/Improved Crit stack -- figure an extra hit -- 84 points !

Against low AC target include a few extra points of power blow -- say 3 -- thats 18 more per round -- powerfull but I think balanced against 30d6 disintegrates and the like

Myself I would make the extra attack an AOO but otherwise would allow it

Last edited:

RisnDevil

First Post
Flog and Squee,
Up the Tree,
See the Army,
Flee Flee Flee.....

Sorry, if anyone ever played Magic:The Gathering they might get that one......

BTW, where is Brutal Hit from and can you break it down....?

Ferret

Explorer
I'm not that big a fan of having it being open ended from the start, Perhaps with less requests you could have a non open ended one, and then it leads to this one.... I dunno how well that would work.

For those that want: Brutal Hit

Our group added a feat on the power attack chain also called 'relentless assault', that established if you use power attack in a full attack action against a single opponent, each successful strike after the first, your bonus power attack damage doubled.

Led to some killer combos.

IndyPendant

First Post
Play MtG much? : )

Open-ended, it's too powerful imo. Too easy to get a *lot* of extra attacks in a round. After all, anyone with this feat *is* going to get a Keen Weapon or Imp Crit (or both if they're house-ruled to stack). Add in the benefits of Cleave and Great Cleave and the sheer quantity of attacks will just get sick.

However, if you were to add Combat Reflexes, and then a line along the lines of "Each hit uses up one of your attacks of opportunity for that round, and if you run out of AoO's you cannot use this feat." --Then I would probably say it's fine.

Remove ads