Relic Hunters in Tekumel (IC)

[section] Briony gathered the mules, if any were still there. She checked the group's gear, making sure that nothing had been removed or purloined in the night. When she was satisfied that their equipment was in order, she took the mules by the reins and re-joined the others. "Ready? The sooner we blow this joint, the better, I'm thinking. It's too quiet around here this morning."[/section]

Queenie

Queen of Everything
You can see the wheels turning in Yolkana’s head as her piercing eyes take the measure of each of you in turn, and your protests in the local tongue. You can almost hear her thoughts, as her anger builds at the insolence you have just shown her. As an agent of the Azure Legion, she could use her influence to harass you for as long as you did business in Tekumel. The power and influence a member of the Azure Legion has strikes fear into the Tekumel people and they are used to being placated. But you are not of Tekumel, and you have services her government desperately needs. And there is the question of whether Yolkana is still an official agent at all. There is also the small fact that she needs you to finish her quest, and an official mission seems to mean much to her sense of duty. Whatever the cause, she backs down though the anger never leaves her eyes. Nor do the nearby, transfixed villagers dare move until they see the results of your disagreement with her. ”Perhaps in my rage against these violators of the law I spoke in haste. I will instead have them pour the poison into a hole in the village so we do not poison their water supply, however much they may deserve it. Once that task is done, I will see the material burned so it cannot aid the empire’s enemies again. After that, perhaps you would like to accompany me to the temple so we might complete the mission assigned to us.”

By the time the poison is disposed of and Briony gets the people back to their huts it is a handful of hours before sunrise. Yolkana matches Briony in readiness for violence, and clears out the deceased elder's hut in order to get some rest, and since it is in much better shape than the dilapidated one the villagers gave you, you join her in there for a nice sleep broken up by watch shifts. When you are refreshed and ready to go, the sun has been shining outside for a couple of hours. If the villagers have been properly cowed, you expect you'll find a guide ready for you.

OOC: Any other actions before you leave the village?

At some point Angelina pulls Yolkana aside from the others. "I wanted to let you know that I appreciate us working out our differences without resorting to unnecessary violence. I am sure you understand that my group is well prepared for anything that might occur, including defending ourselves, but we are also not here to kill innocent villagers who may have been under the direction of unscrupulous leaders. If your clan decides the villagers must atone for their actions we can talk about that later and help you in the future. For now I hope we can move forward working towards the same goals." Ang doesn't give her time to respond before walking away.

She takes the jar of poison from Zephia. "This may come in very handy down the road, though I hope we don't have so much trouble that we need it. Thanks Zep." She tucks it into her bag but when she's alone she moves it to a different spot.

She gets on her mule then growls at the villagers. "I expect when we pass through on our way home that there won't be any evidence of anymore dealings with pirates or other enemies of the city. Clean this place up."

With a smile she turns to her friends. "Alright, let's get going."

Rubberneck

First Post
Bella follows behind Ang and hops up on her mount, pretty gracefully as well in full plate armor. She gives her mule a kick and follows the others.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Yolkana seethes under Angelina's talk, but keeps her voice even and composed as she meets the Relic Hunter captain with an intense look from her dark eyes. "You think those villagers will be grateful towards you? They will shock you with their level of contempt." With that she twirls away and prepares her own mount. You are left wondering how dark her mood would have been if you didn't allow her to save face.

The villagers help get the heroes and their mules find a safe part to cross the marsh, though some of the rougher going causes you to have dismount and pull the mules; resulting in you wading nearly waist deep in murky water. Your guide is a young lad named Po, scrawny and awkward partially due to his age and partially due to his obvious fear. You trudge along with you onto firmer ground, where the marsh gives way to firmer ground and thicker trees and shrub. Once the mules and you get a chance to clear some of the mud and swamp of off yourselves, Po opens several jars of ointments which reek disgustingly. "This ointment is a repellent that the lri find repugnant," he explains while he begins smearing himself with the stuff, giving his skin a greasy look. "You should not be attacked by them if you wear it." No doubt the lri find it repugnant. The stuff smells quite nasty to you, too. He offers you the jar so that you might also take advantage of the ointment's benefits.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
"Anything to keep the bugs away," Zephia says as she take the ointment. This expedition was becoming more and more miserable all the time. Zephia found herself daydreaming about a nice, perfumed bath.

[section]Briony watched Po schmear on a layer of the anti-lri ointment. When he and Zephia were done, she accepted the jar and slathered herself thickly with the foul-smelling stuff, gagging from time to time at the stench. She smiled at Po when done. "Thank you, young master Po. If it keeps away the lri, the smell is worth it." Briony offered round the jar to the others.[/section]

Rubberneck

First Post
Bella accepts the jar, and visably shudders at the strong odor. She applies it thickly as well and tries to avoid areas dangerously close to her nose.

"Do I dare ask what this is made of Po?"

She gives him a concerning look.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Po flinches when Bella addresses him, and he begins to shake as if he expects a strike. When he sees none coming he finally relaxes a slight bit and says, "Berries mostly. And lri guano. The lri can't stand the smell and bury it deep after they do their business."

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"I think anyone or anything would find this repugnant," Angelina says while using the ointment herself. While she smears herself with the goop she speaks to Po. "Tell me boy, how long has your village been in league with the pirates? What other kinds of trouble have your leaders brought you into?"

Remove ads