Relic Hunters in Tekumel (IC)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Briony is able to slay one of the hunting dogs, while the second one is brought down by Yolkana. That leaves Elsbeth to conduct the bloody work of collecting her dagger, and then slicing the throats of the three sleeping dogs one by one. Briony looks in disgust at the torn apart remains of her mule, and is lost in contemplation. Yolkana says, "We have one mule down and another wounded, though we are still in good shape. Elsbeth's raven reports that there is another pack of dogs that will soon be upon us in just a few minutes. Do we flee some while we can and leave the rest of the mules to get taken apart, or do we make a run for it?"

[section]Briony wiped the flat of her blade on the carcass of one of the slain hounds. "I like the way you think, Zephia. But the terrain is an unknown. Can we make our way well enough to lay an ambush with so short a time? If you can think of a way, count me in."[/section]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Sorry for the delay. The ground you are on is moist and marsh-like, sparsely populated with leafless trees. Before you went into these lowlands, you saw that the land ahead continues like this for a few more miles before giving way to higher ground, and then shortly after that to the temple itself.

[section]Briony eyed the relatively flat marsh, sparsely populated with stunted trees. "We could maybe lie prone and hide in the grass, lie in wait. She frowned. "I don't much like the idea of being prone with a sword in my hand, though. I'd rather be upright." She pointed at the far away hilly area crowned with the temple. "Any chance we could gain the hill before they set upon us? Her voice belied little hope of the latter, however.[/section]

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
"I think you are on to something. We could set up an ambush for them. Wait for them to come to us and then close the noose."

Zephia starts looking at their immediate surroundings, figuring the best way to lure their enemy in to a trap.

[section]Briony nodded. "I'll be the distraction. I'll stand a bit away from the group, in the open. You lot hunker down and get into position on the flanking sides, yes?" She grinned lopsidedly, warming to the plan. "They'll see me, and with any luck, they'll make for me first, never guessing that the rest of you are hidden close at hand. I like it." Briony grasped her two-handed sword, and moved away from the group. She selected a position where she could stand on two feet, in plain view, where the ground was less mucky.[/section]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Your party decides to wait, while some lay in ambush. The howling and barking of the dogs grows louder until you see another dozen come out from the mists and charge their way towards the party.

OOC: Because you have time to set-up, I will allow each of you to ready a ranged weapon near you if you own them, get off a shot, and then have the time to switch to melee before the dogs close.

[section]Briony spied the approaching hounds. She put a gnarled tree at her back, widened her stance, and made ready to lay waste to some dogs.[/section]

OOC: Ready an attack with the two-handed sword.

Remove ads