• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Renaming the G-word (hint: fighter-mages)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moggthegob

First Post
Drowbane said:
Hack'n'Slash-a-mancer?

Battle-mage

Red Mage (FF, not FR)

I have no problem with :):):):), but sometimes its fun to reinvent the wheel.

J'accuse!!!! Way to Threadcrap man.

I like the term Eldritch Knight. It is the name of the prestige class but I like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ArmoredSaint

First Post
What does "weaksauce" mean?

I kinda liked the attempt at giving the concept a Greek name that one poster tried above: (H)Oplomancer doesn't sound bad...

hong

WotC's bitch
Cam Banks said:
I like spellsword or mageblade, too. While I know one of the appeals of the word that rhymes with dish is that it's short and only one syllable, "barbarian," "paladin," and "sorcerer" are not exactly short words, either.

Mind you, one does often see barb, pal and sorc as abbreviations for the latter.

Me, I like battlefish. Or maybe warrior-dish.

hopeless

Adventurer
Hmm...

HellHound said:
I'm a B/X loyalist.

I call it "Elf"

And in a mystara supplement they explained the addition of Foresters or non-elves who progressed as F/MU as having been trained by elves... can't see any dwarves there... but maybe a halfling or two since I REALLY hate them being treated as kleptomaniacs when they're NOT!

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Delta said:
And I'd call the thing we're trying to get rid of as "the word that rhymes with fish", because that's definitely what I think of when I read it, completely with stinky smell, ugh.
Heh - that works too! I hate dishes and I love fishes, so you can see why I chose the way I did. :) Fortunately, we're both right!

I have to admit, I like the battlemage suggestion best so far, although there are plenty others that I would just as happily accept.
-blarg

ps - Mountebank for mage-thief is great!

Robert Ranting

First Post
Being an AE fan, I of course default to "mageblade".

However, I do also like:

Spellsword
Mageknight
Warmage
Witchblade
Athame
Arcanamach

Robert "Honestly, I don't really mind 'fish' either" Ranting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads