• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Renaming the G-word (hint: fighter-mages)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Here are the default assumptions of this thread:
1) There's a *horrible* four letter word meaning fighter-mage that rhymes with dish.
2) It shall not be named here. (Will be considered threadcrapping - fair warning!)
3) The concept is useful, the current name is not.
4) Let's come up with a new name! (Feel free to have some fun. :))

-blarg

hero4hire

Explorer
Hunter In Darkness said:
im for spellblade,spellsword, swordmage,or battlemage myself and i HATE that 4 letter word

The origins of Rhymes with Dish are pretty cool, but I myself hate that it commonly applies to any fighter/wizard now.

preacher

First Post
The trouble for me with the word that shall not be named is that in my mind, it went from meaning warrior/mage to meaning grossly optimized product of the CO boards.

I like warrior-mage or battle-mage myself. The others sound more like names for a PrC than generic descriptive terms. Or you could go old school and call it "elf". ;)

And not meaning to threadjack, but there's no term for a rogue/mage combo.

I hate that four letter word, except when used for its original purpose.

Terms I prefer: warrior-mage, spellsword, mageblade, battlecaster, spellblade, swordmage, swordcerer, mageknight.

"Duskblade" is silly and meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads