renau1g's Red Hand of Doom

Graf

Explorer
OOC seems to be going around. i (graf) have apparent appeared in xendrik; i'm sure my 1sy level commoner self will be a big help against the giants. what is the impact of forested squares on movement? (that is what the stuff around the path is right?)

renau1g

First Post
OOC - The stuff around the path (that you're on) is grass, regular movement on it. Starting at R39 is forest. The forest itself won't slow you down, climbing up the ravine cost more movement.

Once again I apologize about the map. I'll need to try something else next time.

Graf

Explorer
OOC: Neither Brodi or Short-toe are much for OoAs.
Brodi -- AC24s/16/17 HP 30/44 ---AP ??--- Fort +4 Ref +8 Will +6 [+8 vs fear]
---Freedom of Movement (1 rnd only), Shield
Short-toe-- AC26s/13/23 HP 36/36 --- Fort +6 Ref +7 Will +1
---Freedom of Movement (1 rnd only), Shield [sblock=Additional stats]Init +4; Senses Spot -4, Listen -4, Search +0

Spells
3rd * | 2nd ***** | 1st ****** | 0th *****[/sblock]

Brodi clutches his left arm... where he was holding his pipe a minute ago.
I must have dropped it back there somewhere...

At his urging Short-toe steps 5 feet away (T27) and then shoots back up the path, but not before leaving a new rent in reality for the swords man and the other hobgoblins to play around with.
[sblock=Brodi Actions R4]
Standard: Cast Manyjaws again (Concentration to do it while riding:Natural 20)
Manyjaws (DC18 {ref half} 2d6 on G, 1d6 on each R.
-- Each creature gets 1 saving throw each round.
-- Range is 160 feet (if I go further away than that the spell ends I think).​
Free (?): Guide Short-toe.
Move: nada
Immediate: nada

I'm starting to see the value of lower level area spells like burning hands. Conveniently this is just a little random encounter before we get on to the main game.
(We're playing RtToEE right?)
(There needs to be a stoned/I'm not playing attention/clueless smiley)

PS Maps fine. Much more evocative than the graph paper the people in my KotS game are going to get later.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
s@s Surf on stealth mode? ;)
Seriously, pick a color and I'll use it. I just figured "purple energy" would be easier to associate with Brodi.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Hurrow

Hurrow calls out, "Get out of there Brodi!" His hands then begin twisting like dancing snakes, and his breath smelling of ozone as he chants out words of a spell.

[sblock=Actions]5' step to E15 and begin casting call lightning.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]AC: 17(predator) 20 normal form

Entangle: 40' radius 5 min, 7rd duration. DC 16 reflex, once per round on my turn.
HP: 42/50
Shifting: Round 4/5
F: +7 R: +7 W: +10
Spells prepared:

Druid spells per day(including bonus spells for high wisdom): 5/4/4/3
DC: 14+spell level or 15+spell level for conjuration spells. CL: 6

0: Dawn, Light, Create Water, Cure Minor Woundsx2
1: Entangle, CLW, Produce Flame, Enrage Animal
2: Wild Instincts, Decomposition, Kelpstrand, Snake's Swiftness(mass)
3: Sleet Storm, Vigor(mass lesser), Call lightning AoO: +10, 1d6+8
[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
Virashil

The small army that is Virashil moves forward through the trough, the various images interweaving and splitting off every so often.

[sblock=OOC]
Advance to L16.

[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Zazz advances forward to the new contingent of hobgoblin enemies and issues a challenge to them, hoping to draw the opponents to him.

Brodi wisely manuevers Short-toe out of the area, rushing down the path back to the others. Before he leaves, Brodi once again summons the dark purple energies and unleashes them on the group of hobgoblins.

Virashil confidently advances towards the horde, counting on her magical defenses and draconic nature to protect her.

Hurrow begins to summon nature's fury and stays concealed in the cover of the treeline. He has a clear line of sight at his targets.

The doglike creatures charge forward moving with great speed, carefully avoiding the areas of writhing vines.

The hobgoblin archers step forward, three of them ignoring Zazz's challenge and fire arrows at the retreating halfling, but they fly wide or short of their intended target. Two of the hobgoblins drop their bows, draw swords and begin to rush at Zazz. "You think you can defeat us human, come and get us!" one of them shouts.

The sword-wielder rushes to the center of the path calling out to the adventurers "Who amongst you is a true warrior, come and face me" as he clashes his blades together and the purple energy from Brodi's spell assaults him.

[sblock=OOC]
Knowledge Arcana check to determine what the dog-creatures are.

Sword-wielding Hob - 21 (already went)
Mace-wielding Hob - 19 (already went)
Zazz - 18
Brodi - 14
Virashil - 11
Hurrow - 9
'dogs' - 8
hobgoblins - 3
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Zazz laughs at the blade wielder's comments. "Obviously, you do not wish to answer my challenge, puny goblin!" he calls to the hobgoblin, speaking in its own thick, guttural tongue. Then the elf shrugs and moves to engage the other hobgoblins. Reaching the foe, the elf plants his feet soundly upon the earth, and swings his short blade with frightening might!

[sblock=Initiative & Actions]
Initiative: 18
Move to Y20
Mountain Hammer vrs (Z21) +10, damage 1d6+2/19-20 + 2d6 (overcomes DR/hardness if necessary)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Avaxasir Stats & Maneuvers Readied]
AC 21, HP 46/46, Init +5, Move 40' (boots)
Fort +5, Reflex +11, Will +7

Maneuvers Readied: Death Mark, Mountain Hammer, Shadow Jaunt, Cloak of Deception, Burning Blade
[/sblock]

Remove ads