Renfield: The Company of the Ivory Fang (Spoilers for Grasp of the Emerald Claw.)

Renfield

First Post
This thread is an in character RP thread for my tabletop Eberron campaign. Used priamarily for downtime RP in between sessions. A sotry hour will be posted sometime after my return from vacation. The small narration below is just that: a small narration to place the PC's someplace in Sharn where they can start off.

The battle was long and furious, for a moment it had looked hopeless to boot. Lir and Muroni were on their last legs with Muroni's spells dwindeling as she healed wounded combatants. Lir's attacks had little to no effect on that blasted Xulo. Nox was out of energy and even his raw fighting prowess was doing little to damage the giant living construct, he had softened it up considerably but that counted for nothing unless someone took it all the way down.

Poor Jensen had been struck by some power of the thing and had been more or less babbling incessantly through the entire battle. Valet was trying to damage the machine but wasn't proving too effective either. To attack the thing was to be attacked, pummeled by those massive fists in a manner that would invite death to the weary combatants. Even the elven scout, who had been so efficient in previous battles was doing little with her bow and arrow, she had learned first hand the price of getting within range of that thing. A lesson she dared not repeat if necessary for Xulo was surprisingly quick.

With all down to their last and Xulo stomping towards Lir and Muroni with that malevolant glow in it's eyes Jensen shook out of her confusion and after a quick glance new what had to be done. The artificer plucked a wand from her belt and flew forward activating the wand and touching Xulo on the back of the head as the infusion took hold. The ancient construct stiffened and went rigid with it's mouth opening as though to scream before it vibrated and fell to the ground backwards rocking the entire chamber. A loud snapping noise was heard as the creation pattern snapped loose from the chest of the being and all was silent save for the sound of falling dust and pebbles and even that faded after a moment.

Ero Gaki

First Post
Hovering some twenty feet in the air above the now ruined form of the giant construct, Jennsen shakes her head in an attempt to clear the fog and cobwebs produced by the monsters' Confusion dweomer. She looks down at the over-large form of a modern warforged and breaks out into laughter, only to wince in from the pain that causes. She is seriously wounded.
"By the Sovereigns, that thing was a b***h. We were almost history." Despite her wounds, she manages a smile. "Well, like Rule of Acquisition #62 says 'The riskier the road, the greater the profit.'" Jennsen floats down to the ground and produces her Teddy Bear of Healing. "Is anyone hurt?"

Last edited:

wildchicken

First Post
As the great creature fell, Nox felt the elation of a battle won. He knew that it would be short lived as he looked around at the members of his company. They had taken quite a beating. His armor was heavily dented in many areas, his own fluids leaking through the wounds.
Over the clatter of the falling pebbles Nox could hear the laughter of his companion Jennsen. He could hear her quoting one of the silly rules of acquiring money. He knew then that she must have broken out of that haze that had her flying around the room drooling and raving like a madwoman.
Picking up the club that he had dropped during the fight Nox made his way to where his companions were beginning to nurse their wounds. "Everyone okay?"

Ero Gaki

First Post
Jennsen struggles to smile as she walks over to Nox. Her efforts don't quite succeed as she stumbles over a pebble and slips, crashing to the floor. She moans in pain as she climbs back to her feet.
" I've had better days. I think at least three of my ribs were broken when that freak clubbed me. Plus, I've got blood all over my favorite tunic... "

OCC: Jennsen is at 16 out of 44 hit points.

Ero Gaki

First Post
OCC: I'm curious about something, Renfield: how is our reputations doing? Being 8th level, we should have quite the reputations by now. But the thing is, how have people heard of us, considering the nature of our missions? All of these modules have been either "Cannith hush-hush" types, or out right secret. Just something I've been thinking about.

Renfield

First Post
*Your reputation isn't too widespread to be sure. However it has spread through various circles also to be sure. Naturally You don't know this in character ;) Though I'm sure you can guess. Either way getting a 'job' won't be too hard for your group.*

wildchicken

First Post
"I am sure we should have enough time to repair ourselves before leaving this area. Though I ask, how do we get out of here since there appears to be no exits or entrances."

Ero Gaki

First Post
OCC: Alrighty Renfield. I'm gonna sell the +2 Flail over the next three weeks while we wait for the Collector to appraise that tooth. In addition, I'm also gonna find someone to teach Jennsen how to cook... she grows tired of trail rations everyday!!

Remove ads