• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Repost - You Righteous? I am. *Recruiting players and a DM*

Status
Not open for further replies.

d'Anconia

Explorer
I posted this at the beginning of the year but it kinda fell apart, because we didn't get a DM. So with out further ado:

Ok Guys (and gals)
Having desperately wanted to get into a face-to-face game that used the Book of the Righteous since purchasing it, and having no luck what-so-ever, I've decided to see if I can get a PbP game going. So, that being said, would anyone be interested in a game that heavily featured this pantheon/cosmology/religion along with the rest of the expansions to it from Green Ronin? (Legions of Hell, Unholy Warriors handbook, Avatars handbook etc) One catch, I'm not a DM, and have never been a DM, so I'm looking for a DM and several other players. I'd like this to be a fairly grand, world-sweeping epic-feeling campaign obviously centered around the Lords of Good and the Great Church. I'd hope to have posting goals of 4-5 posts per player per week.

Other than these broad guidelines (why are you laughing? Oh, yeah, I guess their not so broad after all) I'm open to most anything. What do you think? Is anyone interested? Or am I destined for disappointment once again?
Thanks,
d'Anconia

Last edited:

GPEKO

First Post
I might be interested in DMing a game featuring the pantheon from the BotR if some other players manifest some interest. However, I just have the 'main' book and none of the other you mention. I might get the book of fiends if this game gets started up.

I'm thinking of forming a party centered around a specific church or group of churches. I would probably run an heavily modified version of the first module of the Shackled City adventure path from Dungeon magazine (or something else, I'm not sure yet).

I'll post more details on the campaign world and character creation rules if some people show interest.

Now, I really need to finish my 3.5 conversion of the holy warrior ...

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
GPEKO said:
I'm thinking of forming a party centered around a specific church or group of churches. I would probably run an heavily modified version of the first module of the Shackled City adventure path from Dungeon magazine (or something else, I'm not sure yet).

Depending upon which church, or churches, I could be interested. :) (but I'm really stretched then right now...)

GPEKO said:
Now, I really need to finish my 3.5 conversion of the holy warrior ...

The book of friends has the 3.5 Unholy Warrior... The difference between Holy and Unholy are slim to none but you will need the Unholy Warrior Handbook to get the most value out of it. :)

d'Anconia said:
So, that being said, would anyone be interested in a game that heavily featured this pantheon/cosmology/religion along with the rest of the expansions to it from Green Ronin? (Legions of Hell, Unholy Warriors handbook, Avatars handbook etc)
I have all of them books, and I will be starting a PbP in a months time where the holy warrior will, hopefully, see heavy use but I'm not sure if it's what you really want cause I won't be using most, I might use some, of the pantheon/cosmology...

It's mainly the divine warrior for all deities from the BotR that will be featured heavy though some of the churches might see play... The avatar, well all of GR's master class series, should see play also.

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
I would be interested in such a game. I've wanted to try out the Holy Warrior class for a while. :)

Than why aren't you..? ;) (I do have ideas for this if your interested but I can email them to you...)

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Well, I said it the first time this thread came round, and I'll say it again: I'd love to play in a BotR game :) Unfortunately, I don't have time to DM, the four games I'm proving to be enough given my slightly limited free time.

GPEKO

First Post
Great ! It seems we have some interest here (and looks like we will have a few holy warriors). Let's get this game started. I'm looking for 4-6 players. So far,
d'Anconia
Isida Kep'Tukari
TheOneAboveAll
Jarval
Dark Nemesis

have all expressed some interest. The first ones to post good characters will get the spots.

Like I said before, I want to center this game around a particular church. However, I don't want to impose a type of character and campaign. So I ask those who are interested to answer this : would you prefer it to be about the lawful gods (probably The Great Church and friends) or the more chaotic gods (in that case, probably The Houses of Darmon and/or The Lyceums of Aymara) ??

It might be a little early to post this (since I'm not yet decided on the main church of the campaign) but here are the character creation rules:

The campaign will follow the 3.5 rules. Use stuff from the cores books and the BotR. Most of the Complete Warrior is also OK but run it by me to be sure.
Characters start at 1st level;
32 point-buy;
hp: max at first level, average after that
gold: average value for your class (assume you 'rolled' 2.5 for each d4)
Race: Use the PHB races only;
Class: All the classes from the PHB, except the paladin which is replaced by the Holy Warrior (see the attached file below for a revised version of this class). The Swashbuckler and the Hex Blade from the CW are also OK.

Since each church have an holy warrior, the cleric class is slightly changed to make it less of a warrior and more of spellcaster.

First, the cleric can spontanously use up a prepared spell to cast one their domain spell of equal or lower level. The cleric never have memorize spells for the extra domain slot at each level. They can spontanously cast either of their domain spell with this slot. Clerics lose the ability to spontaneously cast cure spells.
Second, the cleric get 4+int mod skill points per level, sense motive as a class skill, but lose medium and heavy armor proficiency.
Third, the cleric hit dice is reduced to d6.

Also, I don't feel like rangers should receive spells in this game. The divine spellcasting warrior from the wilds will either be a Holy Warrior with the Hunt domain and a character with levels in some prestige class from the BoTR (like those crazy Hawks of Urian). So I'll use the non-spellcasting ranger variant from the CW.

Since this is a game centered around the Lords of Good, there should be no character with an evil alignment.

Your character should also have some link to the main church of the campaign or at least be willing to work for them.

I'll post more info on the campaign world tomorrow, if I get the chance.

Philippe

Attachments

• Holy Warrior 35.zip
    17.1 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
GPEKO said:
have all expressed some interest. The first ones to post good characters will get the spots.

Please count me out.... As I said I’m really stretched thin right now... :\ I mean I turned down an Isida game yesterday. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads