Reposts

Lazybones

Adventurer
I compile my SHs into a PDF or LIT format once they're done, and I try to do a thorough editing at that point. Unfortunately, every time I reread them I find more errors. I used to work as an editor for a small historical journal, and I think it's a truism that there's ALWAYS more errors to be found, if the document is of any reasonable length.

At my current job, we try to have 3 or 4 people read everything that goes out and errors still creep in. I'm something of a perfectionist and I'll still get stuff back with 5-10 markups on a page (we have to follow an official Style Manual that details almost everything having to do with writing).

Obviously SHs are a different beast. But I have to admit that those that try to pay attention to grammar and spelling tend to hold my interest more than those that do not. If I see a SH post that's just one huge paragraph, or with a few simple errors in the first few sentences, I tend to hit "back" pretty quickly.

Luckily I have a few readers that are quick to highlight obvious mistakes that creep in. I've occasionally been known to change a character's identity in mid-post, and once I even gave a clean-shaven character a sudden beard, I think. :D

Lazybones said:
Obviously SHs are a different beast. But I have to admit that those that try to pay attention to grammar and spelling tend to hold my interest more than those that do not. If I see a SH post that's just one huge paragraph, or with a few simple errors in the first few sentences, I tend to hit "back" pretty quickly. :D

But not all of us are english majors... but we still have good, solid and entertaining ideas.

Back to the subject of this thread- At first I wasn't doing much but as I started to look at my other SH I found more editing creeping in.

Remove ads