• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Reposts

Lazybones

Adventurer
I compile my SHs into a PDF or LIT format once they're done, and I try to do a thorough editing at that point. Unfortunately, every time I reread them I find more errors. I used to work as an editor for a small historical journal, and I think it's a truism that there's ALWAYS more errors to be found, if the document is of any reasonable length.

At my current job, we try to have 3 or 4 people read everything that goes out and errors still creep in. I'm something of a perfectionist and I'll still get stuff back with 5-10 markups on a page (we have to follow an official Style Manual that details almost everything having to do with writing).

Obviously SHs are a different beast. But I have to admit that those that try to pay attention to grammar and spelling tend to hold my interest more than those that do not. If I see a SH post that's just one huge paragraph, or with a few simple errors in the first few sentences, I tend to hit "back" pretty quickly.

Luckily I have a few readers that are quick to highlight obvious mistakes that creep in. I've occasionally been known to change a character's identity in mid-post, and once I even gave a clean-shaven character a sudden beard, I think. :D

Lazybones said:
Obviously SHs are a different beast. But I have to admit that those that try to pay attention to grammar and spelling tend to hold my interest more than those that do not. If I see a SH post that's just one huge paragraph, or with a few simple errors in the first few sentences, I tend to hit "back" pretty quickly. :D

But not all of us are english majors... but we still have good, solid and entertaining ideas.

Back to the subject of this thread- At first I wasn't doing much but as I started to look at my other SH I found more editing creeping in.

Remove ads