• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Request for Aid

Moonsword

First Post
Hello, all. I'm working on something for the Netbook of Planes, and need a term. I need a noun equivalent in lay usage to 'enchantment' that doesn't have a specific definition underneath the d20 system. Any takers?

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
Do you mean enchantment as in a magical effect bound in an item or place or enchantment as in a nice place to be like New Mexico?

Walter_J

First Post
ensorcelled? (sp?)

Best I can do off the top of my head. If I have time after dinner, I'll check a few books.

Moonsword said:
Hello, all. I'm working on something for the Netbook of Planes, and need a term. I need a noun equivalent in lay usage to 'enchantment' that doesn't have a specific definition underneath the d20 system. Any takers?

Moonsword

First Post
Okay, this is an alternate term for enchantment. We're using enchantment in a general sense, and I want to replace it with a word that means a 'long-term effect on a person, place, or item.' Enchantment has a specific meaning in the d20 system, and I'd like to preserve that. So I need an alternative. Ensorcelled doesn't really carry the right meaning, and imbue only directly affects items. I appreciate the support, and I'm sorry to be such a pain in the neck. More options please, and again, thank you very much. Greatwyrm, you hit the nail right on the head, btw, with your first guess. If we have to invent a word, that might not be a bad thing.

BiggusGeekus@Work

Community Supporter
http://thesaurus.reference.com/search?q=enchanted

bewitched, charismatic, clairvoyant, conjuring, demoniac, diabolic, eerie, enchanted, enchanting, ensorcelled, entranced, entrancing, extraordinary, fascinating, fiendish, ghostly, haunted, imaginary, magic, magnetic, marvellous, miraculous, mysterious, mystic, mythical, necromantic, occult, otherworldly, parapsychological, runic, sorcerous, spectral, spellbinding, spellbound, spiritualistic, spooky, telekinetic, thaumaturgic, tranced, uncanny, unusual, weird, witching, witchlike, wizardly, wonderful

Obviously some of the above do not apply to RPGs. But that should get you started.

-BG

PS they also seem to have forgotten "Glamoured".

Moonsword

First Post
Thank you. This is amazaing. If anyone else has any ideas, I appreciate it. Thanks, guys. I'll also run down that online reference.

Last edited:

Remove ads