D&D 1E Research help needed: Does anyone have the physical paper maps from FR6 and FR9?

Yora

Legend
I am working on making a new high resolution map of Northeast Faerûn and managed to stitch together this beautiful thing as my reference to draw over.

NE1.png
The problem is that the old maps for AD&D don't have a scale bar on them and only give the scale as "1 inch = 10 miles". Without the original paper maps, it is impossible to determine the actual scale for the maps, and using later 3rd edition maps as reference doesn't work, since a lot of pieces were moved around slightly and not so slightly and got squished and changed in size in the process.

Does anyone have the original map from either Dreams of the Red Wizards or The Bloodstone Lands? What I would need is the distances between a handful of cities measured with a ruler. Just three or four such measurements would be all that I need. (The longer the distances the better.)

Since all AD&D maps for Forgotten Realms seem to be traced of the same primary master reference and are extremely consistent, and the maps that I found overlap, having a few refeences measures from just a single map will be enough to get all of them to the same scale. So if someone has the map from the 2nd edition Spellbound box, that would also work.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I've got them. While there's no scale listed on the map for FR6 Dreams of the Red Wizards, there is one on the map for FR9 The Bloodstone Lands which says that 1 inch = 30 miles.

Yora

Legend
Yes. Which is why I would need someone to measure the inches between a couple of cities on the paper so that I can determine how many pixels in my image files are one inch/mile.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Yes. Which is why I would need someone to measure the inches between a couple of cities on the paper so that I can determine how many pixels in my image files are one inch/mile.
Ah, I gotcha. Well, let's see here.
  • Tantras to Lyrabar = 7.5 inches
  • Mulmaster to Ruins of Castle Perilous = 9 inches
  • Telflamm to Tellerth = 12 inches
Does that help?

Remove ads