RESIDENT EVIL & DAWN OF THE DEAD d20 "Survival Horror"

Ghoststorm

First Post
All Flesh Must Be Eaten

Kantrip...whoa...going to alot of work there to do a "survival horror" game, there the avarage life span is of a character is about the amount of time it takes to get eaten. lol

AFMBE is a great game but, don't buy it just to use as a source book. You would be doing yourself and the game an injustice. The system is extremely easy to use but is in no way cheesy at all. There are a lot of Deadworlds so you can have a zombie uprising any time peroid or any setting. Plus there are rules to create lots of different types of zombies to keep your player guess. Such as different ways to kill them (shot to the head, fire, heart to name a few) and different wathey "spread the love" (infect others from a simlpe bite to planting you in the groud).
The book is extremely well written and witty, it is enjoyable just to read. And there Zombie Master screen (sold seperatly of course) has a great adventure...w had a blast playing it.

Try the system out. You will be pleasently surprised, and there is more out there than just D20 and shhhh some of it is even better.

:D

Amateratsu

First Post
AFMBE

I have to agree. As far as zombie games goes, this is it. The Unisystem is easy to learn and fun to play. The writing is good and the overall presentation excellent. Best of all you get many worlds to enjoy. With the new book finally coming out next week and the Resident Evil movie coming out this month, I expect this will be a very popular game over the coming months.

FYI- The Book of All Flesh, the first Zombie anthology is also available and wow was it great (if you like this kind of thing). For my dollar, this book not only was a great read, but full of adventure ideas as well; dozens of them.

kyuss

Explorer
Beyond the Supernatural from palladium had some interesting ideas for this type of game. However, I think I'm the only person to have ever purchased this book....

I'm quite looking forward to see what d20 CoC is going to be like. If it's good, I think that's all i'll personally need for a horror/survival type game. If it isn't cool, perhaps d20 Modern plus a few d20 monster books will fit the bill. If all else fails, i have the 1e stats for Cthulhu and his crew, and i'll just convert them.

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
kyuss said:
Beyond the Supernatural from palladium had some interesting ideas for this type of game. However, I think I'm the only person to have ever purchased this book....

I'm quite looking forward to see what d20 CoC is going to be like. If it's good, I think that's all i'll personally need for a horror/survival type game. If it isn't cool, perhaps d20 Modern plus a few d20 monster books will fit the bill. If all else fails, i have the 1e stats for Cthulhu and his crew, and i'll just convert them.

I bought Beyond the Supernatural in 1988. Had one scary as hell, fun campaign where my psychic gadgeteer was on the trail of a demonic entity inhabitating the body of the Green River Killer.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
My favorite Resident Evil-like game was a one session 'night of the living dead' adventure using Call of Chtulhu d100 rules. I loved it...

So now, I'm thinking about re-running it to lure some new players into the hobby. The problem, I don't know what system use...

Is it the 'Zombie: All flesh must be eaten' book worth the 30 €uros (some 30$) they ask me for? Is it a good game to lure new players into the RPG?

Tharkun

First Post
I'd say that the Zombie book is worth it (All Flesh Must Be Eaten). I also have The Supernaturals book...looks like that's 3 people who own it.

DMaple

First Post
Buy it.

If you speak to anyone that owns it I doubt you will here any advice other than buy it.

Its really well written an excellent source on all things Zombie.

Remove ads