• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

resources on Alchemy?

questionmark

First Post
Their is a PC in the group that wants to be an alchemist. Is their a prestige class or reference material about this field? I did see some DC's for items in the book of vile darkness but that is all I have seen so far. We play in the FRCS so if their is a book from that campiagn all the better.

Thanks

Ambrus

Explorer
The Master Alchemist from Magic of Faerun would seem to be exactly what you're looking for though it's never been updated to 3.5 AFAI. :)

edit: Darn, Psion beat me to it. :eek:

Last edited:

MetalBard

First Post
Yes, Magic of Faerun is a good one to use. Also you may want to take a look at the Arm's and Equipment Guide that Wizards put out for 3.0 D&D. It has a nice little listing of alchemical items that'll expand an alchemist's repetoire. I'm playing a alchemically-minded white robe wizard in a Dragonlance campaign and I've found the stuff from that book very valuable. Watch out for that stonebreaker acid, though. Sometimes the stuff ends up being TOO useful.

drnuncheon

Explorer
Psion said:
Alchemy and Herbalists by Bastion
This is an excellent book if you want to get into that much detail. Tons of flavor that might not be completely historically accurate, but is nonetheless interesting and inspiring.

J

zoroaster100

First Post
The Kingdoms of Kalamar Player's Guide (I think that was the title) had a listing of nice, balanced alchemical items like the one in the Arms and Equipment Guide to further expand an alchemist's options and generate ideas for what can be done with alchemy. Also, Dragon Magazine has had a number of articles in different issues which introduced additional alchemical items. An early 3.0 Dragon issue listed a number of interesting items in an article about halflings, but I can't remember the number of that issue right now.

JEL

First Post
The Complete Alchemist, original published by Bard Games and the later, revised edition put out by WotC (in their pre-Magic the Gathering days) is an excellent book on Alchemy. I recommend hunting for it on Ebay or other used book sources.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads