• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Resurrection City 1: The Adventure of the Sealed Room

JimAde

First Post
The sound of the gunshot jars Trevor from his horrified fixation on the body. Glad of an excuse to leave the scene, even if it means danger, he hefts his walking stick and sprints toward the house.

[OOC: I never heard from you on the Wisdom check. Hope that's OK.]

Ferrix

Explorer
Aiolos attempts to batter the creatures away from Arthur with blows, hoping to secure the area a bit more, yelling, "Pastor, get your bleedin' hide up here, Arthur needs the kind of help only a doctor or a priest can give him."

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
"Blast! What the devil is going on?" Jamison moves into the house, drawing his revolver on the way and hoping that ignoring the gunshot doesn't lead to trouble later.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Trevor runs around to the side of the manor, and there he finds Jervase, the groundskeeper, slumped against the outside walls. A shotgun hangs loosely in his hand, and there are ragged holes in the brick wall. Small splotches of some sort of wet-looking yellow substance, evidently the remains of whatever he was shooting, dot the walls and the ground around where he's slumped.

You don't have to worry about effects or whatnot of the checks. I'm going with the Sanity system now (indecisive ;)) and I'll let you know if you've lost enough to feel any effects in an OOC bit, although I'll spoiler it. I will let you know DCs in the future, though.

Last edited:

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Inspector Diggory ventures into the house, although he has to break the glass of the door to gain entry. Upon entry, the interior is a shambles, and broken pieces of wood and plaster lie littered on the finely-carpeted floor. But that is not the strangest sight which meets his eye: a human arm hangs limply down from the ceiling. Following it with his eyes, Diggory notes that, impossibly, it seems to emerge directly out of the plaster. The large Dionysian ring on its finger identifies the arm as Arthur's. On the balcony above, he takes note of Pastor Miller, swinging desperately at some flying beasts with a billiards cue. A body lays slumped beside him.

Make a Wisdom check (DC 18).

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Diggory's jaw drops. "Bloody hell. That's a far site worse than the girl on the lawn."

[Wisdom check, roll of 2 on d20, +2 Wis, total 4 against DC 18, failure]

Karl Green

First Post
Pastor Andrew Miller

Andrew tries moving towards the door, swinging at the creature one last time in parting "Die!" and try runs towards the door

Attack roll 2 +1, NOT even worth spenind an Action point on. I hope this thing is to small to get an AoO but oh well :\

JimAde

First Post
Andrew D. Gable said:
Trevor runs around to the side of the manor, and there he finds Jervase, the groundskeeper, slumped against the outside walls. A shotgun hangs loosely in his hand, and there are ragged holes in the brick wall. Small splotches of some sort of wet-looking yellow substance, evidently the remains of whatever he was shooting, dot the walls and the ground around where he's slumped.

You don't have to worry about effects or whatnot of the checks. I'm going with the Sanity system now (indecisive ;)) and I'll let you know if you've lost enough to feel any effects in an OOC bit, although I'll spoiler it. I will let you know DCs in the future, though.
"Jervase! Jervase are you all right," Trevor asks as he puts a hand on the man's shoulder and hesitantly tries to see his face.

Jarval

Explorer
(Wisdom check: 16 (d20 roll) + 0 (Wis modifier) = 16)

Richard's face goes pale at the sight of Rachel's corpse. This is far from the first dead body he's seen, but few have been as horrifically maimed as this. At the sound of the gunshots, he looks up sharply, sprinting after Trevor.

"Be careful. I'd avoid touching that yellow material until we've got a better idea as to what it is." He cautions as he kneels beside Jervase. He quickly examines the groundskeeper for any sign of harm.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Pastor Miller swipes again at the "jellyfish", missing once again. Upon hearing Mr. Shaw calling for him, he looks up and sprints along the walkway towards Arthur's bedroom - the walkway leading past the door of the newly-opened study.

Inspector Diggory shuts his eyes momentarily, overcome by the grotesqueness and surrealness of the arm in the ceiling. After coming to his senses, he opens them again. On the balcony, Miller swings at the flying creatures one last time, then sprinting out of sight.

Dr. Hewitt and Trevor flank Jervase's body. He appears to be for the most part unharmed. Groggily, Jervase looks up at them and tries to stand. It is then that Dr. Hewitt notices a large spot of blood under his left arm. The strain is evidently too much for the man, and he slumps back down against the bricks. "Too...many..." he murmurs. "Tried...help...Ra..." he falls silent. Checking his pulse, the two find that he still lives.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads