Resurrection City 1: The Adventure of the Sealed Room

JimAde

First Post
Trevor pelts up the stairs, waving his cane and joins the other stick-flailing men in trying to knock the creatures from the air.

[OOC: Let me know when/if I should make an attack roll]

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Pastor Miller swings his pool cue once more, connecting with a flying lamprey-like beast and splattering it in a wet yellow squelch against the wall.

Karl: Indeed it is, finally. ;)
Jim: You can go ahead and make attack rolls now.

Karl Green

First Post
Pastor Andrew Miller

Breathing hard and with a little shock, Andrew will drop the pool clue and try and assist Arthur (if there is any hope)...

Treat Injury 9 +5, hmm spending an action point, just in case, rolling a 1 wow, so total 15

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Andrew bends down to tend to Arthur's wounds. He seems to have fallen partly through the floor, his entire right side fused into the wood. He is bleeding from small wounds all over the exposed parts of his body, and his head is turned, his right ear stuck in the floor. Arthur is babbling incoherently, although once in a while Miller hears what sounds like whispered words. Unfortunately, it seems likely that not much outside of last rites can do him any good.

Jarval

Explorer
(Wisdom check: 10 (roll) + 0 (Wis) = 10)

Richard stands in the hallway, looking with horrified fascination at the arm dangling through the ceiling.

"Ah, gentlemen, I fear something's rather amiss here..." He calls up the stairs. Dragging a chair into place, Richard stands on it in an attempt to reach the arm.

JimAde

First Post
Trevor dashes at the nearest flying monstrosity, taking a huge backswing just as he does on the cricket pitch.

[OOC: Attack roll 6 + 1 = 7 Blech. ]

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"There's something rather amiss up here, too," Shaw calls in response. Trevor swings in vain at the flying jellyfish, and, in a moment, they all fly in unison away from the top of the stairs. Jellies detach from the corpse of Jeremy. Inside the bedroom, where Miller and Shaw stand, the lamprey-like monsters do likewise. Countless flying monsters of all shapes and sizes fill the air in front of the study door, and the small urchin-like creatures scuttle rapidly across the floor. There by the study, they all become oddly elongated, as if being pulled through an immense vacuum. Then, they are gone.

"Quite right, Mr. Shaw," says another, unknown voice. "Something is, indeed, amiss." A middle-aged gentleman walks out of the study - he wasn't there a moment before. "But forgive my rudeness, gentlemen. My name is Thomas Pellgraine." In the bedroom, Arthur begins to scream.

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Diggory gapes at Thomas Pellgraine, losing almost all sense of propriety. "Yer who?," and then, under his breath, "F*** me." Shaking his head, he raises his revolver and points it at the man. "Under the circumstances, I wish I could be a bit more polite, but considering that Arthur's in the other room and in very bad shape, the dead girl on the lawn, and the hell you've put the rest of us through, I'm a bit tense right now and not necessarily delighted to make your acquaintance. I apologise for my gun, but, to be very honest, Mr. Pellgraine, I'm not sure I trust you entirely -- some would suggest that the trials we've been through over the last day and night are, well, your fault. If you've any suggestions as to why I might trust you, maybe you ought to start talking..."

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Pastor Miller's words soothe Arthur somewhat, and his screaming subsides into occasional whimpers. "Ahh, Inspector Diggory, ever the suspicious one. Trust me? Why should I worry myself with your trust or lack thereof? Surely you don't mean to suggest I am responsible for the fates that have befallen my grandson and his lover? No, no, I am not responsible. It's just the little ones...they get so excited at times." Thomas' face looks intent, as if he is listening to something only he can hear. He whips his head away from the inspector. "No! Be silent, Robert! Your actions brought your doom upon yourself! Not I! Was it I who made Andrea into a madwoman? She did that to herself! We are responsible for our own fates..."

Last edited:

Remove ads