Resurrection City 1: The Adventure of the Sealed Room

Jarval

Explorer
Giving up on reaching the arm for now, Richard slowly makes his way up the stairs. Ignoring Diggory and the man he's speaking to, he heads for Arthur's room.

"How is he?" He asks Andrew as he examines both Arthur and the floor.

JimAde

First Post
Andrew D. Gable said:
Pastor Miller's words soothe Arthur somewhat, and his screaming subsides into occasional whimpers. "Ahh, Inspector Diggory, ever the suspicious one. Trust me? Why should I worry myself with your trust or lack thereof? Surely you don't mean to suggest I am responsible for the fates that have befallen my grandson and his lover? No, no, I am not responsible. It's just the little ones...they get so excited at times." Thomas' face looks intent, as if he is listening to something only he can hear. He whips his head away from the inspector. "No! Be silent, Robert! Your actions brought your doom upon yourself! Not I! Was it I who made Andrea into a madwoman? She did that to herself! We are responsible for our own fates..."
"That's all very philosophical," Trevor observes. "But Arthur needs help and I don't think any of us can give it. I wonder if you intend to just stand there pontificating or do something useful."

[OOC: This guy sounds pretty arrogant to me, so I'm going for the "show me how tough you are" angle. Diplomacy and Bluff both +8]

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"What I intend is of no import to you, my young Baron." Thomas turns back towards the study. "Oh, and I fear I must forbid any of you from entering this room. Especially you, dear inspector. I can't allow you to do what I know you plan to do." Thomas smiles, and Diggory gets the distinct impression that this man knows exactly what he learned in that book last night. Richard rushes by towards Arthur's bedroom, and Thomas shakes his head slowly.

you never pay any attention to me murderer killer wretched man wizard libertine swine witch satyr care more about books and chemicals than your own wife, whispers a disembodied voice.

"Ahh, Dr. Hewitt. So you found the radix pedis diaboli, I see. Oh, my good pastor, don't look so perplexed. All will become clear once you meet Frater EIECET. Which you will, I assure you of that."

it's time the time is now do it show them do it now Thomas it's what that Baron wants you to do or are you too weak weakling fool coward...

Thomas hangs in the doorway of the study, eyes still closed. "How dare you insult me in front of guests?" he murmurs, " but you're right, of course. You were always right, woman." He lunges forward suddenly and with the speed of a snake has Trevor by the throat.

Last edited:

JimAde

First Post
Trevor's cane drops to the floor with a leaden clatter as he grasps Pellgraine's wrists. His face contorts as he tries to pry the man's hands loose.

[OOC: Grapple modifier +1 If I'm allowed to try an escape, I get: 11 + 1 = 12 ]

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Trevor pulls at Pellgraine's wrists, managing somehow to worm his way out from the man's grasp. As the baron wheezes and gasps for breath, the disembodied voice whispers again.

see look Thomas always a failure monster waste of time it's no wonder I did it may as well not be married...

A pensive and almost mournful expression crosses Thomas' face. Then Trevor sees it - and instinctively starts backing away. A movement under Thomas' flesh, under the skin on his arms, his face. He gazes up in a moment, flesh grown over his eyes. His arms extend with a painful sound, most of the skin now iridescent, purplish, like the skins of the small flying monsters...

Really lucked out, there. Pellgraine messed up his roll horribly - not a fumble, but darn close to it. ;) And - joy! - it's time for another round of Wisdom checks. DC 14 for Trevor, DC 16 for everyone else.

Karl Green

First Post
Pastor Andrew Miller

[occ]hey am all about Wisdom and stuff[/occ] :)

Andrew looks on in horror at what is happening and listening to the voice?!?

Wisdom roll 16 +3 =19

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Diggory frowns and keeps his revolver trained on Thomas. Bloody hell, he knows what I'm thinking. He's daft, surely, but also dangerous. No sooner has Diggory thought this than the older man lunges at Walsingham. Stunned, Jamison tries to keep his gun pointed at Thomas.

Andrew D. Gable said:
A movement under Thomas' flesh, under the skin on his arms, his face. He gazes up in a moment, flesh grown over his eyes. His arms extend with a painful sound, most of the skin now iridescent, purplish, like the skins of the small flying monsters...

"Good Lord!" [Wisdom check against DC 16, roll of 17 on d20, +2 Wis, total 19, success] "Can't let me go to the study, eh? Well, we'll see. I'm persistent, you know." Diggory drops his aim from the man's chest and fires a shot into his kneecap. [Roll of 11 on d20, +1 ranged, total 12, which is probably not good enough]

JimAde

First Post
[OOC: Wisdom Check 6 + 0 = 6]

Trevor drops to his knees and wraps his arms around his head protectively shouting "No! No!" over and over.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Inspector Diggory grits his teeth and fires at the creature's leg. To his amazement, the Pellgraine-Thing howls in pain but looks relatively unfazed, even by a gunshot in the knee. Trevor, meanwhile, falls to his knees and screams...

Lightly Wounded = 75% health or above
Moderately Wounded = 50%-75% health
Severely Wounded = 25%-50% health
Critically Wounded = less than 25% health

Pellgraine-Thing: lightly wounded

Pastor Miller: lightly wounded
Inspector Diggory: unhurt
Trevor MacAllistair: unhurt
Dr. Hewitt: unhurt
Aiolos Shaw: unhurt

And now on to combat, a format Karl'll recognize from the Conan game. Rough guesstimate of health levels here, post your character's actions and I'll roll them all up eventually and post a new chart at the end of a round. I want to try to wrap up this adventure before Jim leaves for a few days, so I'll try to do a round a day.
Jim: I'm sure you won't be surprised that Trevor lost enough Sanity from the Pellgraine-Thing that he's been stricken temporarily insane. He can do nothing but scream and cower until the end of the fight probably...

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
"Well, that was unexpected. And frustrating." Diggory, four bullets left, fires again. [Roll of 5 on d20, +1 ranged, total 6, likely failure.] "I need to get to that study, so we keep this thing busy somehow. My marksmanship, I'm afraid is lacking. Thoughts?"

Remove ads