Retiring old AL adventures -- good idea or the best idea?

I am against the retiring of old adventures for one main reason: the slow trickle of new adventures.

Because of a change in the people who would usually should up for my weekly DDAL module night, I was forced to start running the S5 modules ahead of when I had originally intended to run them. This led to me having to rerun adventures from Seasons 1-3 to fill in the scheduling gaps in between the releases of the S5 modules.

The only way that I could justifying the retirement of the older modules is if a certain major change was made to the production & distribution of the new modules.

More adventures need to be released each month, especially as the 2 hour length becomes even more prevalent. If going based solely on the suggested scheduling principles of Season 1 (weekly 2 hour session), there should be 8 hours of content released each month. Without meeting that minimum amount, there are going to be gaps in the schedule at weekly tables. This is the role that the older modules fill in the current production & distribution model.

EDIT: I know that a bunch of the convention adventures have recently been released, but they do not count towards the DM Quests. As such, their importance in the conversation isn't as much as those that count towards DMQ.

Last edited:

Remove ads