• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Return of the Burning Plague (Updated)

Hey Chris,

I JUST ran 4E-ish Return of Burning Plague for my Tuesday group and they enjoyed it a lot. Thank you very much. I may do a write-up/review of the experience and if I do I will be sure to let you know. And thanks to Memnaelar as well!

It's cool to experience ourselves as creative forces in our lives and it is cool to know that What We Create affects other people.

skipdog172

First Post
Great adventure

I ran this adventure this weekend for my group who played the pre-made Warlock, Paladin, Fighter and Wizard. The adventure was great fun...that boulder trap was GREAT!! Really exciting, ended up hitting 3 of the characters with the boulder trap and really crushing them(causing the wizard to go down on that fight). This was our first time playing with miniatures at all and all I can say is...FINALLY!! I am so glad we finally did this...our guy that normally DMs had this thing against miniatures. After he got to play in this adventure he says he feels bad about not trying out using miniatures before in 3.x. We just had SO MUCH FUN and are now VERY PUMPED for 4e! Thanks for writing this and causing everyone in my group to pre-order all the 4e books!!!!

Belares

First Post
Cant wait to run this adventure

I am going to be running this next weekend and I have ran the original several times so I am juiced to see how this one runs.

Garnath

First Post
Hi
First of all thanks for sharing.... Im "trolling" the net for small encounters and taking what I see of use in my own campaign ;)

I would like to take this for a spin, but I dont get where you place the
enemy. Dont get the map depth I guess... :confused:

The kobolds are atop the ledge and will use the
cover there to their advantage.

ledge?

In the 1st round, the
closest kobold will pull the lever to trigger the trap,
releasing the boulder.

Closest?

The boulder will follow the
path shown on the map and stop at the end.

The boulder roles past "5" on the map and stops.

In the 2nd round, the closest kobold will move out of sight to
Area 6 to fetch help.

Closest to the passage close to "5" on the map
or how to get to room "6" other than past "5"?

A round after disappearing, he
will return with the minions. Another round after
this, the kobold leader himself will emerge"

Will they come through that path close to "5" on the map?

The detailed "wall" between the boulder path (red) and "6" on the map is what? is this higher ground so room "6" is higher ground.

I read some feedbacks that one player Fighter pushed the poor Minions over and edge so the took damage? where ?

-any help appreciated

Cheers

Remove ads