Return of the Slavelords, Part 2 - "Bright City, Dark Hearts"

Scotley

Hero
Verrick Human Rogue/Wizard

Verrick turns to the Gnome, "I'm sorry my friend there seems to be nothing we can do for this poor creature for now. Maybe there is something in the Necromancer's books that will tell us how to free him, but for now we have a battle to get to." He looks to the others, "We have spent long enough here, I say we make haste for the bright tower." He gathers his gear and starts for the door.

Karl Green

First Post
Gnarly Forest, afternoon

Gathering up the items found here, the party prepares to head out, sadly saying their farewells to the creature, but before they leave he gives Garynn a small leaf of holly… a bit odd but welcome none the less. Outside the cabin, the weather has turned a bit for the worse and a light rain is falling. The party still has a week of travel ahead of them to make the Bright Tower, but they should still arrive days before the dark army…

(occ just want to make sure where you are heading… direct path and all that)

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Garynn

Garynn gives the monster a hug. "I will treasure this. An' you have my word I'll find a way to help you."

a
As he leaves the building he calls for Ranger. "we're ready. Let's get movin'"

Scotley

Hero

Once the party is mounted and ready to go Verrick addresses them. "Well my friends as I see it we have a decision to make. Do we ride directly to the Bright Tower or try and follow the dark army and harry their flanks as they move toward the tower?" He chuckles, "I guess we could head for greener pastures at leave this mess to the locals, but I for one want another shot at that Ogre Magi."

Karl Green

First Post
The Bright Tower, morning

The party gathers up and heads straight for Three Oaks and then rides hard to get to the Bright Tower, making it on the morning six days after they left the wizard's cabin. At the tower, the note that it is getting ready to repeal invaders and that a number of farmers and homesteads from the area have also retreated here. Some reinforcements have arrived but not as many as anyone has really hoped, mostly adventures who were resently hired and a few Rangers from the Gnarley Forest.

They party is told that the Commander would be a wishing to speak with them when the arrive...

Scotley

Hero

Verrick dismounts and sighs heavily at the news that the commander wants to see them. "If I don't have a bath soon the very smell of me will be enough to repel the attackers." He streches tired muscles and says to his companions, "Well, we might as well see what he wants." He sets off for the commander's office.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Garynn

Garynn checks on Bramble and Ranger. He hears Verrick's moan about needing a bath and wants to say it's already too late but bites his tongue. "Who's this Captain? what's he want with us?"

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Garynn

Garynn checks on Bramble and Ranger. He hears Verrick's moan about needing a bath and wants to say it's already too late but bites his tongue. "Who's this Captain? what's he want with us?"

Scotley

Hero

Verrick does his best to dust himself off and sees to his horse. Hearing Garynn question he answers, "He's the commander of the garrison here. We reported the evil army to him, so he likely wants more information or our help."

Remove ads