Return of the Slavelords, Part 2 - "Bright City, Dark Hearts"

Karl Green

First Post
old wizards home, the Gnarely Forest, late-afternoon

(occ sorry all, getting SLAMMED at work and my home computer is buggy. Trying to catch up honest :) /occ)

Upstairs, Verrick examines the last book, and while he can tell that there is some kind of spell placed onto it, he can't tell what it is. He is also fairly sure that the magic is some kind of trap, but he is not sure which kind or if he would be able to disable it...

Downstairs, the creature moans again "AHHgggg" and points at its check, then ways its hands around, then shakes its' head sadly. Pointing at its' chest again it points at the ground "Annnnnnngggg"

(sense motive check to get a better idea what it is trying to communitcate)

Scotley

Hero
Verrick Human Rogue/Wizard

Verrick puts the book down with a sigh, "I'm sorry friends, I fear the magic of this is beyond me. I am as likely to destroy it as gleen something useful. I'll try again when I have more time and maybe the assistance of someone more knowledgable." He looks around, "Is there more we do here or is it time to move on?"

Someone

Adventurer
"As soon the short fellow ends talking with the ´guy with a bit of soul´" says Norbac. "But let me try something. Maybe, with Trithereon´s help, I could wash away the magin on the book"

Norbac´s face distorn in a grimace of concentration as he invokes a Dispel Magic spell on the book. [OOC: Rolled a lucky 19, for a total dispel check of 25.]

Karl Green

First Post

Upstairs, Norbac chants quitely over the book, and suddenly it unlocks! (the dispel worked, gryph now gone)

Downstairs, Garynn gets the feeling that the creature either will not or cannot leave the building...

Karl Green

First Post

Inside, Verrick notes that the book contains a number of spells and some journal entries...

(quick look, the included spells are...
all 0-level
all Necromancer spells 1st thur 4th (from PHB plus Comp Arcane)
plus some other except no Enchantment or Illusion, no spell higher then 3rd)

... the journal entries seem to be from about 10 years ago and talk about Slave Trade routes along the Wild Coast and around the Woolly Bay

Scotley

Hero
Verrick Human Rogue/Wizard

Verrick shares the contents of the book with the others. "It's possible that some of the old places are being reused, so this might be valuable information. Needless to say I am excited about some of the spells." Verrick puts the book in a backpack and rises. "Well gentlemen, I think we have a battle to get to. Shall we see how Garynn is progressing and be on our way?"

Karl Green

First Post

The party gathers up the items and heads downstairs, where the find Garynn trying to communicate with the creature. It is sitting in a large room that has a number of potted plants and even a few small rodents running about with little fear of you (or the creature)

Remove ads