• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Return of the Slavelords, Part 2 - "Bright City, Dark Hearts"

Scotley

Hero
Verrick Human Rogue/Wizard

Verrick eyes the great creature of sewn together flesh with suspecian. Something about its bluster gives him pause. What could it be thinking?

OOC: Sense motive (16)+5=21

Karl Green

First Post
(occ Verrick can tell that the beast is just being threatening...it seems to want to be attacked...he also notices that Braggi is about to rush forward to attack it /occ)

Scotley

Hero

Verrick shouts a note of urgency in his voice. "Hold, something is wrong here. That thing is trying to bait us. It wants to be attacked. Don't move forward." He quickly begins to look around thinking rapidly, Could there be a trap in front of them? Perhaps the creature is held by some magic and if we cross some unseen line it will be free?

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Garynn: Gnome Druid 4/Bard 2

Hold a moment. May be that neither o' ye is right. It may know wht has happened to it an wants to die. Let me try sometin' Garynn says and starts to sing an old time lullaby

Casts Lullaby on the defensive if needed. If this is truely a gollum it will have no effect but if this is a poor medical mistake it should help to make it sleepy.

Karl Green

First Post
old wizards home, the Gnarely Forest, late-afternoon

As Braggi hesitates from attacking the monster steps back and smashes its fist into the other table, shattering that one also and then roaring in rage.

Norbac sense magic over and around the creature, but he can't tell what type, even after a few minutes. In another corner of the room he senses another patch of magic about 20 feet away. Glance that way, in the corner of room, there are four or five books, and a pile of papers and scrolls.

Garynn starts his song, and the monster seems to calm down a bit to listen to it, but it does not appear to make it sleepy.

After another moment it looks at the ceiling and almost goans "aaaaa....kkiiillllll.....aaaaaa" and looks at the party, but does not move.

Someone

Adventurer
While hesitating, fury grows in Norbac. "I don´t know if it wants to kill us, or wants us to kill him, but remind me to do something specially nasty to that wizard when we find him"

"Garynn, continue playing. Seems it calms it down"

Karl Green

First Post
old wizards home, the Gnarely Forest, late-afternoon

The creature stares at the party for a moment or two longer, moans out loud and then turns and walks down one of the hallway...

Scotley

Hero

Verrick eases the tension on his bow and lowers it with a shake of his head. "Well, I'll be damned if I can explain what that was all about. Ideas anyone?"

Someone

Adventurer
"No" says Norbac. "I don´t want to kill him, even when I think it a menace, but somehow he can´t leave the room. Now it´s away, let´s grab those things and get away from here." says pointing at the books and papers.

Remove ads