Review of Dungeon Crawl Classics (DCC) RPG by Goodman Games

Best version of D&D...EVER!

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I love the system in general but if there's one major change I'd make it'd be to the magic-failure rules such that casters can remain viably playable for the long term rather than slowly turing into twisted wrecks.

darjr

I crit!
Love the funnel, love the idea of random char build can be a balancing tool, love the magic system, love the deeds system.

Love the feeling they are going for.

pming

Legend
Hiya!

I love the system in general but if there's one major change I'd make it'd be to the magic-failure rules such that casters can remain viably playable for the long term rather than slowly turing into twisted wrecks.

As you are well aware, the old-skool-DM'ing-method is in play with DCC. That is..."if it's not there...make it up". :) Obviously, but yeah, what I'd like to see is a "DCC Companion Codex I" that takes ideas that have been used at tournies, or talked about on various forums, gather up the best of the best new spells, gods, monsters, magic items, etc...and put it all in a 128 page hardcover (and softcover, for those who want to save $$$).

Then, do this every 3 or so years so we can get "DCCCCII", "DCCCCIII", "DCCCCIV", etc down the line. I'd LOVE to see that happen! Which is REALLY strange for me...I'm almost always anti-'book-bloat' for my RPG's, but DCC, it just seems "right" (as long as it was done in large time spaces...not 1 per 3 months, but 1 per 3 years).

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Remove ads

Remove ads