D&D 5E Revised Ranger (Final Draft)

Coroc

Hero
I think some of the subclasses you made are OP. The beastmaster sounds about right but i have not analysed him thouroughly.

I find no fault in the hunter ranger as presented in the PHB so i see no need to revise it. The ranger can only cast very few spells, with my hunter ranger that is mostly hunters mark, and sometimes cure wounds on second level slot at Level 5. Your idea to make hunters mark an ability for a spell - less ranger is good, but otoh you could leave it as it is and just describe it a bit different in that the ranger has some "innate" ability to "cast" hunters mark x "Slot" times a day. Same with the healing, just refluff it to be a herbalistic skill. Same with higher Level spells, just refluff them and bam there is your spell - less ranger.
No Need for Revision. E.G. colossus slayer and all the other goodies are abilities as well, not spells.

Hunter GWM i dunno, i do not see archetypes using that. Being very unique on the Topic two weapon fighting i would accept it any day instead of twf though.

Remove ads