• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Reworking 3e armour; need help!

Limper

First Post
Cyberzombie said:
I want gritty realism, I'll turn on the news, d00d. :p

You should add Feathered Cloaks to your armor/equip list. Supposedly it was really good vs. Arrows and such... I had been putting it at +1 ac vs missiles but might shift that to +1/- DR vs missiles.

Cyberzombie

Explorer
Interesting -- never heard of that, myself. I suppose that could work. I'm leary of letting items other than armour and shields give an AC boost. I did that once in 2e and the results were *bad*. No one could hit anyone else. :)

Limper

First Post
Cyberzombie said:
Interesting -- never heard of that, myself. I suppose that could work. I'm leary of letting items other than armour and shields give an AC boost. I did that once in 2e and the results were *bad*. No one could hit anyone else. :)

Its a precolumbian mezzoamerican thing.

As I have much curtailing of magic items in my game quality craftsmanship, materials and the like have become important factors.

Cyberzombie

Explorer
Ah, gotcha. I'm not much up on their defenses, and not much more up on their weaponry.

My players don't know it yet, but I'm moving away from standard magic items, too. So construction and craftsmanship will be much more important in my game.

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
Just chiming in to say that I basically let PCs describe their armor however they want and pick whatever stats from the many, many armors I have available (RoS, RotW, core, AU/E, some others). So, you could have light, flexible scale armor that caresses you oh, so well and use chain shirt stats, or heavy hide and use beastscale (AU/E) stats, or wyrmling leather and make it Dragoncraft studded leather, or whatever. I like it.

Remove ads