• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rhun's Greyhawk OMEGA Campaign (ToEE) - Continued

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
ooc: ok, I am a bit unsure on suprise rounds. can you take a 5 foot step and attack something? or is the 5 foot step considered a move and only one action is allowed?

my plan is to move to G,89 and attack ghoul 6.

Rhun

First Post
OOC: I'm not sure it is explicitly spelled out in the rules, but I've always played that yes you can take a 5' step with your action in a surprise round.

Scott DeWar

whispering words barely audible he takes the weapon handed to him , swings it up and while moving forward and slightly to the left he strikes at the nearest ghoul

(5 foot move to G,89 and attack number 6)

Zirat

OOC: Scott - Critical is not affecting the undead.

Zirat is surprised to see the undead in the temple. He thought only humanoids like Orcs and Ogres infest the place.
He moves to the side (to G86) with his back to the wall, he swings hןד big weapon (10' reach.) and strikes the nearest flatfooted ghoul (#1).

*using power attack +2 vs. flatfooted ghould ac:12

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
OOC: Can someone give Strahd experience for reminding me that you can't crit undead? I would, but I need to share the love a bit more first.

And Strahd, you guys have previously encountered ghouls in the Temple, so it shouldn't be too big of surprise. :)

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

[sblock=crit]
sorry, got this game mixed with pathfinder rules. there.[/sblock]

A good hit is made with the borrowed weapon but it does not get to bite very deep in the ghoul.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
As soon as he sees the undead closing in on them, Meddyg grasps the holy symbol lying on his breast and lifts it to the ghouls. "Back to whence you came, in Phaulkon's name!"

[sblock=Actions]OOC: Sorry - been awhile since I used 3.5s Turn Undead rules.

Standard: Turn Undead
Turning Check (1d20+3=7)
Turning Damage (2d6+7=13)

So if I'm reading the rules correctly, he can Turn anything up to 3 HD (Cleric Level -1). Can't remember how many HD Ghouls have, but if it's 3 he turns 4 of them. If they have 2 HD I think he destroys all six.[/sblock]

Remove ads