• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rhun's Greyhawk OMEGA Campaign (ToEE) - Continued

Dire Lemming

First Post
"Make sure that we keep some of them alive, especially the leader if it is possible." Shoon reminds the group. "If we knock out the first one that reaches us then even if we are forced to retreat again we can bring him with us."

Voadam

Legend
Sir Merrick's hands tighen on the haft of his polearm until the wood creaks, ready to spring upon the foe. As soon as the door opens he leaps to unleash steely mayhem upon the lead gnoll.

Dichotomy

Explorer
Torn, not knowing whether it is best to prepare to aid in the melee or be ready with the wand, Aeron curses. He quickly slings his shield over his back, holding his weapon in one hand, and draws the wand with the other.
[sblock=OOC]That probably covers my action this round. Sorry for the delay. I didn't realize until I left town that my destination for Memorial Day didn't have internet access.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Several moments pass as you wait for the gnolls in the small L-shaped chamber, listening to them bark and shout at one another behind the door. Suddenly, the deep bass note of a warhorn sounds, echoing loudly despite the closed portal between you and the gnolls. As the first note fades, a second sounds in short succession...you have no doubt that the horn can be clearly heard throughout most of this level of the Temple, and you are certain that the gnoll's reinforcements will soon be on their way.

Dire Lemming

First Post
"The consistency with which they remain inconsistent is disturbing. Once again it seems that they know exactly what we are thinking... It is as if they are controlled by some being that can sense our very thoughts."

Shoon shakes his head in disbelief.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Ciaran calculates the situation with nonchalance. "They wish to gather the forces, then we wish to scatter. Run. We'll meet whatever extra resistance there may be on the way out."

He waves his fingers in the air, overlooking a mental map of the place. "There may be no more resistance... but there is no need to risk it now. We still run."

Ciaran heads back toward the hallway of skulls, with his loaded crossbow at the ready.

Dire Lemming

First Post
"We are not leaving this place without a prisoner again." Shoon relies flatly, glancing at Merrick and Zirat from confirmation. "If we are to retreat again then we must find someone on the way to take captive."

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads