Rhun's I6: Ravenloft - IC Thread

Rhun

First Post
Helga shakes her head at Esme's question. "I rarely see him, and when I do it is usually just glimpses. He is often atop the central spire, staring our over his lands. When he isn't there, I think he spends a lot of time in the cellars, though I don't ever go down there."

Ryan finds the door unlocked. It swings open silently on well-oiled hinges, revealing...

OOC: I hope to get the next post up sometime tonight. I'm going hiking/camping tomorrow and sunday, so if I don't get the next post up tonight, it will probably be Monday evening.

Rhun

First Post
A blazing hearth fire fills the large (forty by forty or so) large chamber with rolling waves of red and amber light. The walls are lined with ancient books and tomes, their leather covers well oiled and preserved through careful use. All is in order here. The stone floor is hidden beneath a luxurious rug of a deep-patterned weave. A large, low table sits in the center of the room, waxed and polished to a mirror finish. Even the poker next to the fireplace is polished and gleaming. Large, overstuffed divans and couches stand in order about the room, and two luxurious chairs face the hearth.

A huge painting hangs over the mantle-piece in a heavy, gilded frame. The rolling light of the fire illuminates the carefully rendered painting. It is an exact likeness of the Burgomaster's daughter, Ireena Kolyana. Though the painting is obviously centuries old, the likeness is unmistakable.

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
"What do you make of this? Could Ireena be a vampire of old? Surely not."

If the place seems safe after a glance around, Ryan will begin looking at the titles of the books for anything that may be useful, and keeps an eye out for anything else of interest.

"Perhaps something is hidden around here, if the Vistana was referring to this place."

Rhun

First Post
"I would think it is highly unlikely," says Delkat. "Certainly she would not be able to keep that hidden from her brother or from Xavian." The cleric shrugs and moves further into the chamber. "The gypsy spoke of a weapon of light that resides here...we should look around."

Rhun

First Post
The only thing that Ryan notes that may be a weapon is an ornate and finely wrought hilt of a greatsword lying upon the mantle, beneath the painting of the woman. When his fingers brush against it, the hilt vibrates slightly.

At the same time, Ryan notes that the greatsword across his back vibrates slightly in harmony with the hilt upon the mantle.

industrygothica

Adventurer
"It must be a forgery of some sort," Xavian says about the painting. "It's preposterous to think Ireena could be a vampire. Simply impossible." Still, the image obviously has him rattled.

[sblock=OOC]I forget... do we already know that Strahd is a vampire?[/sblock]

Remove ads