• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ring/Mantle of the Beast

scottys72

First Post
So I have seen a lot of people post about these items (and a third item of the beast that I can't remember) but I cannot find stats on these items. I only have the PHB, DMG and the UA.

So if anyone has stats of these items and the book they came from that would really help me out!!

Thank you!

Oryan77

Adventurer
and a third item of the beast that I can't remember
Armor of the Beast (Complete Champion pg 135)? Those 3 items combined create Trappings of the Beast mentioned on the next page. There is also the Heart of the Beast (Magic of Faerun pg 160), but it may not be related to those items.

So if anyone has stats of these items and the book they came from that would really help me out!!
They all come from Complete Champion. Stats are not allowed to be posted here. But just do a search online and you'll find the stats posted somewhere.

Dandu

First Post
The Armor of the Beast costs between 26,174 and 26,176 gp. If you have the wild shape class feature, it functions as a piece of wild studded leather armor with an enhancement bonus of between +0 and +2, which grants you between two and zero additional use of wild shape per day. This extra use stacks with the one provided by a druid's vestment.

The Mantle of the Beast costs between 17,999 and 18,001 gp. It allows wild shape to be used as a swift action. While wild shaped, your natural weapons gain an enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls of between +0 and +2.

The Ring of the Beast costs between 7,999 and 8,001 gp. It allows you to treat any summon nature's ally spell that you cast as though it were one level higher, but you cannot use it to cast an SNA spell you would otherwise be incapable of casting. ie, you can turn an SNA III into SNAIV, but only if you are a level 7 or higher druid.

When you wear all three of these items, you gain a competence bonus on wild empathy checks of between +4 and +6, and are treated as between zero and two levels higher than you are for the purpose of using wild shape.

eggynack

First Post
Can't give out the exact copy pasted thing, but the gist is that the ring, for 8,000 GP, lets you use a slot one lower to spontaneously cast a summoning spell (in other words, a 7th level druid could use SNA III for a unicorn, but not SNA IV for anything from SNA V), the mantle, for 18,000 GP, lets you wild shape as a swift action, and the armor, for 26,175 GP, is wild armor plus a druid's vestment. The items work in a wild shape, and all three combined grant a +1 to effective wild shape level.

There are a couple of other effects, but those are the reasons you'd buy the thing. As for whether you should purchase them, just about any druid that hasn't completely removed summoning should buy the ring, because it's relatively cheap and completely amazing. The mantle is quite good, granting a useful ability that would otherwise cost two feats. The armor is bad, however, vastly overpriced for what you're getting out of the deal. Just pick up a monk's belt and cast luminous armor if you seek high AC, and don't particularly worry about wild shape uses or minor bumps in wild shape level. Don't get me wrong, that's useful stuff, but not 26,175 GP useful. It's a bit sad that optimal itemization leaves the last in the set behind, but such is the way of things.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads