Ring of the Fey Lord (DM:Atanatotatos, Judge:Lord Sessadore)Up:Lorik, etc.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Gord, despite his confusional state, seems to know the streets of Daunton rather well. You take shortcuts and back alleys walking the beautiful streets of Cobblestop; you see the dome of the Great Library from a distance; when you make your way through the Overgrowth, a few thugs start approaching you, or spy you from dark corners, but all back off when they notice the man showing you the way.
Finally, when the sun is far on his way to the horizon, you exit the city from the North-Eastern border, and not far from you, the first sparse trees can already be seen...

ooc:just a little post to familiarize a bit with our dear Daunton...go on as much as you want :)

covaithe

Explorer
"It is good to hear that so many of you are experienced and practiced in swordplay," Ikni remarks. "I am only an egg, or so my teacher Oomailiq told me often. I look forward to learning many skills from observing your exploits. I hope I will not hold you back too much."

Don Incognito

First Post
"Meh", shrugs Lorik, "if it turns out that you're not pulling your weight, then we let you die in combat. If you can't handle the heat, don't go rushing towards a burning building."

Jbean

First Post
"It is good to hear that so many of you are experienced and practiced in swordplay," Ikni remarks. "I am only an egg, or so my teacher Oomailiq told me often. I look forward to learning many skills from observing your exploits. I hope I will not hold you back too much."

"Meh", shrugs Lorik, "if it turns out that you're not pulling your weight, then we let you die in combat. If you can't handle the heat, don't go rushing towards a burning building."

Galinndan goes from looking haunted, to haunted and pale. "Exploits. There will be no exploits. No grand sweeping adventures. We will get the job done, and if you don't do anything stupid I'll make sure you come home."

Joeluma

First Post
Heinrich

At the continued comments of the others, Heinrich simply smiles coldly and un-holsters his crossbow, fiddling slightly with one of the knobs on the side. Too much useless talk already.

"Gord." Heinrich strides up beside the human, saying the single word to attract attention. "What do you want us to do? And how much can you pay?"

Atanatotatos

First Post
You're making your way uphill, on a clearly seldom-walked path in the outskirts of the woods that make the majority of Daunton's interior. Gord answers the goblinoid's question turning to look at him without slowing his pace. Do not be worried youngster. If you can help me... I will reward you. I will.

After a few minutes, you reach a small wooden house. The door was left open, and Gord leaves it swinging behind him. In the shadows of sunset, you see dozens of weapons, heavy and light, chainmails, plates of armor, hanging from the walls, or cast aside in corners or on furniture. Through another open door you see another room, a small forge. The man would seem to be a weaponsmith.

Gord finally stops and catches his breath. He pours some water in a cup, then sits down heavily on a crude wooden chair, head down, seemingly exhausted.
After a few moments sitting without speaking, without drinking his water, without even breathing, Gord finally says: It all started... when I ound that damn ring. A ring. A plain, worthless metal ring. the man raises his head, his eyes looking out of the window, and makes a gesture with his hand holding the cup:There among the trees, maybe a hundred feet from here.
And that night, this whole nightmare started... and then They came... They want it back... BUT i DON'T HAVE IT ANYMORE!!
concludes the man, in a high-pitched voice, almost jumping from the chair, and with a crazed look in his eyes.
The he falls back, tiredly, hiding his face in a big, callous hand.

Last edited:

Joeluma

First Post
Heinrich

Heinrich finds a spot opposite a window, where he has a view of the room and partially of the outdoors. Re-Holstering his crossbow, he raises his brow inquisitively. "So... you do want us to find the ring or kill those who want it?"

He pauses. "Or both?"

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Haruka crosses her arms and stand in front of Gorm.

"I agree with the bugbear. We're going to need a little more to go on if you expect us to be of any help. Who are they? What happened to this ring? Also, what sort of reward are you offering?"

Atanatotatos

First Post
Gord gives a panicked look at Heinrich. Kill? No,no! You can't hope that! The man's nerves seem on the brink of breaking. He breathes deeply, in and out, seems to try to calm down and continues:
Look, I was an... adventurer once. I had companions. We travelled the Shifting Seas far and wide. I'm getting old but I'm no weakling. But... he stops for a second. ...some things you can't fight. Horrible voices out there, a few inches from the door of your house... Haunting presences every damn night... Nightmares that never leave you alone! he spouts, almost sobbing.
Two days ago, they came, during the day. They were Fey. But one of them... like an Eladrin... but gaunt, skeletric, almost a corpse... he...it was terrifying... Its eyes turned my mind upside down in a moment...They came to pick the ring...but I can't find it! I can't find it anymore!! You have to find it for me or my life's worth nothing!! cries the man grabbing Heinrich's sleeve compulsively.

Joeluma

First Post
Heinrich

"Tell us about the ring." He pauses. "When did you last see it?"

[sblock]I sure hope some other players breeze by sometime... I'd hate to advance the plot too far without some real participation... B-)[/sblock]

Remove ads